Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you still need Honours Irish to do Primary school teaching

Options
  • 19-12-2003 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Or was that done away with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

No you still need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

you can go to teacher training in england and then do a hard exam when you come back, or i believe (could be wrong) that you can do a short (1/2 year) teaching addon after you do another irish degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Maxthedog02

How do u mean another Irish Degree. A degree in Ireland like, or an Irish subject related degree.

Say i do an Arts degree in Ucd, but as i didnt do Hons Irish in the Leaving, cud i primary school teach in England? Or would i have to do the equivelent English add-on of the Irish add-on that u`d do after the arts degree if i had hons irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

my friend couldn't manage honours irish for the leaving, so she's taking a year out, repeating and applying for primary teaching again next year.
    you really do need the irish so its worth doing it properly instead of just scraping through.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

A degree in Ireland I think.

you'd have to do at least a addon course anywhere. do the irish though - the irish level for the addon is *much* harder than standard leaving cert irish (gfs sister took years to get it)

• Advertisement
Advertisement