Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IGN servers

Options
  • 18-01-2000 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

yeah i know vishnu is down and all that..
    not about to complain ..
    but is there any need at all for that ffa
    server on quake-1?
    could that or the duel server be turned into a war server?
    as it would be very very handy to have two war servers just as it is to have two ca servers.
    i dont think anyone could argue for the case of a ffa server.
    if it could possibly be changed i think everyone would be happy smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

I have been thinking the same thing, except maybe TF or CTF or something. It'd be better to introduce some originality (ie. no more dm3 sunglasses.gif)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

there isnt even the need for 2 ca servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

and get rid of one of the q2 servers while youre at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

this is important.
    what with vishnu being down.
    any chance at all???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

The VISHNU QW servers were replaced by a second Q3 server (which was badly needed).

I've changed the other QW servers as follows:

quake-1.ign.ie - War
    quake-2.ign.ie - CA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

A Q3 CTF dedicated server would be deadly...is there enough interest on the scene atm to get a couple of CTF teams together?

I'm game, if you are...

Lucutus of Borg

I'd be willing to change the FFA to CTF for a trial period, but we don't have the resources at the moment for many more Q3 servers...

Probably wouldn't be a generally accepted move tho, people like being able to connect and frag, without having 'those stupid flags' goin' around!

However, the FFA server can be voted into CTF mode afaik, maybe If there's interest, we could chage it over one night a week for a run around CTF levels...there is one or two good ones with the game and the threewave maps are great too...does the server have Zoids 3 maps?

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

The servers are fine as they are!!

If people want the CTF maps, Its easy enough to (call)vote for them. The only other ctf maps that should/could be added are Zoid's CTF maps and the 3wave maps when their released.

• Advertisement

now we dont have a qw duel server smile.gif
    change the minimum number of players per team to 1.
    thank you!

[This message has been edited by Kali (edited 20-01-2000).]

Yes, you are right MP, just as I suggested. If people are into CTF (Like I am from time to time!), it can be voted in...

The thing that should be added is Zoid's 3 Threewave CTF maps... ...if they're not there already.

<quote>
    The only other ctf maps that should/could be added are Zoid's CTF maps and the 3wave maps when their released.
    </quote>

MP is there gonna be more threewave maps that I don't know about yet?

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Theres more maps for 3wave afaik, the ones out are just Zoid's ones. Theres more to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I agree with MP on this one. The FFA server is fine as it is and can be changed to ctf anytime people want it.

excellent.

and i was serious abut the q2 sercer. take one of them down coz no-one plays on em anymore. just leave the one and free up resources for the rest of whatever is on the machine.
    i think the rest of the now defunct q2 players in ireland would agree with me.
    by the way, wht machines do you have ut on?
    as i have to say it is really laggy and pretty much unplayable most of the time?
    although that could just be me coz im getting crap conns at the mo

Kali:

localinfo k_membercount 1 // minimum number of players in each team to start match

WWMan:

Not sure why you're getting a bad conn, check first to see if it's just you and then we'll see.

well it usualy fine to qamex and uk servers
    but the other night against doozer, i was pinging at 3000 for about 5 minutes and then i was pinging at 170 with 15% pl.
    but everyone was getting this as well??

but like i said, we dont need 2 q2 war servers when 1 will do

Advertisement