Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone got Sony CDX-M1000TF headunit

Options
  • 19-12-2003 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has or knows anyone that has the Sony CDX-M1000TF MP3 headunit. This in the one with the TFT display.

I've been looking for some reviews on it but couldn't find any. I am thinking about getting this unit after Christmas so any comments about it (sound quality etc.) would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

In my last 3 cars I have installed Sony Head Units and have to say I've always been impressed by them. The build quality, design and ergonomics are excellent!

It's difficult to quantify sound fidelity in the confined space and ambient noise of a car, but with decent speakers it ought to be as good if not better than anything else of equal price. Whatever your budget allow for quality speakers and a Sub to get the best from it, it's pointless matching a headunit of this quality to a couple of sets of Pioneer budget (sub 60 quid) speakers from the Motor Store or motor factors !

It looks an impressive unit but I wonder at the purpose of the LCD panel, it ads to the price without improving sound quality in any way !

Check out these and maybe save yourself some money

Sony Head Unit & MP3

Alpine & MP3

JVC & MP3

Regards

Tinky

Advertisement