Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Password problems

• 20-12-2003 1:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭

As mentioned in another thread a while ago, I (and some others) am experiencing problems logging in to IOL BB.
    This is how it goes. Open up the browser or whatever and get it to dial in, sais username or password is invalid so I go to open the dial up window again and the password is blank.
    I enter the pass and it works, have to do this every time now and its annoying as hell. Any idea what the problem could be? Im running win2k and havent changed anything since initial set up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Don't know the problem, I had to go back to the "last good known configuration" and this resolved the matter. I also removed Nortons 2001 firewall it was causing me grief. (the LGKC sorted me out so far)

Anyone know why its happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

mines doing something similar, only started in past few days. instead of remembering the 4 character p/w, it remembers a HUGE one! which is annoying as hell! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Same here lads.

Don't know wats going on with it. But it seems to be only the IE dial-up wizard. Not the dial-up shortcut on my dekstop that is forgetting the password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i have to redial 2-3 times for it to connect, that is if i havent connected already without restarting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by Einstürzende
    mines doing something similar, only started in past few days. instead of remembering the 4 character p/w, it remembers a HUGE one! which is annoying as hell! :(
    If it's Windows 2000/XP that just the OS masking the password.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

It's XP Pro, but it used to just show the length of the password. Either way its giving the same problems as everyone else! :( Odd stuff this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

Same thing here. Started happening a few days ago. W2k as well, password resets or invalid password. It actually worked first time about an hour ago so I don't know if it's been corrected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Happens to me intermittently as well - generally reconnecting 2 or 3 times solves the problem, so the password is obviously not incorrect....

Having said that, I got a wireless router/ADSL modem combo last week, so don't have to 'dial-up' any more, and have had no problems.

Advertisement