Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[ Mod News ] Desert Combat 0.6

Options
  • 20-12-2003 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Is now out as well, the incremental patch coming to 219Mb. With which I belive now takes it well beyond the size of the actual BF1942 :)

Anyway, its available at all the usual suspects.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by BenH
    Anyway, its available at all the usual suspects.

thats a bit lazy. if your tryin to give us an update at least try to do it to winty's standereds. that was just pathetic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

let me the the first to ask

Anyone wanna do a disk for me LOL

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Bios

if i could get a link for the download i'd do u a disk :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭BenH

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    thats a bit lazy. if your tryin to give us an update at least try to do it to winty's standereds. that was just pathetic :)

My most humble apologies, currently its only at Fileplanet, and the ques are shall we say 'swamped'

Thankfully I have only another 40mins to go on the download, however I can stick it up on my own server once its downloaded, but because my router is currently broken I'm only going to be able to do this on a very temporary basis. Anyone with a high speed link (128K+), and willing to run a mirror for the board will get sent the IP if they PM me before 1230.

I'll also burn a couple of CD's and send them out to Winters and Shinzon, who can then in turn send them out to other 56Kers. But given that its silly season they might not arrive before Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Thx m8 will pm you my address, ill post a message in here when i have it and whoever wants it next just pm me.

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

http://files.worthplaying.com/files/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=287

who's ur daddy??? ;)

Gettin 600k I love my HEA net connection :D

Dregin

[EDIT]Forgot to mention there was no qeue..[/EDIT]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Well everybody, they kept the release date very quiet but nevertheless, here is your DC chrimbo presant. Mirrors will be in next post as always. Trust me to be working too when an update comes out :rolleyes:
    Public Beta Release Notes Version 0.6 Beta
    The DesertCombat team is pleased to annouce the seventh major public release of DesertCombat. We would like to thank our Beta team and fans for all the feedback.

Public Beta 0.6 features a slew of bug fixes and additions aimed at creating on of the best war game experiances on the PC. In this stage of development each is roughly balanced with some minor advantages to each, making gameplay much more fun and exciting.

0.6 Public Release Weapons and Vehicles

** This is not the complete or final list, this is only what is available for the public Beta and more will follow in the next alpha release.
    ** 0.6 REQUIRES Battlefield 1942 version 1.5 or greater
    ** 0.6 REQUIRES DesertCombat 0.5L

* When you see a star, that means it's new to 0.6

US
    Land
    • M1A1 Heavy Tank
    • M2A3 Light Tank
    • MLRS Mobile rocket truck
    • Humvee with a .50 cal machine gun and Supplies
    • Humvee with a Tow launcher
    • M163 Vulcan Mobile AntiAircraft
    • M-109 Mobile Artillery
    • Stryker Personel Carrier (Smoke grenades, .50Cal, Troop transport) *

Air
    • A-10 Thunderbolt II
    • F-16
    • AH-64 Attack Helicopter
    • UH-60 Blackhawk Transport Helicopter (New Dual Miniguns)
    • Harrier
    . • AV-8b
    . • AV-8a
    . • AV-8c
    . • AV-8m

• F-14
    • F-15
    • UH-60q
    • UH-60l
    • Littlebird
    . • AH-6 (Miniguns and FFARs) *
    . • MH-6 (Transport) *
    . • OH-6 (Miniguns only) *

Sea

• Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier *
    • RHIB

Hand Weapons
    • M16A2 Assault Rifle
    • M203 Grenade Laucher
    • Mp5 sub machine gun
    • M9 handgun
    • SMAW rocket launcher
    • M249 Machine Gun
    • M25 Sniper Rifle
    • C4
    • Stinger
    • Smoke Grenades
    • Car-15
    • Mk23
    • SA-7 Anti Air rocket *

Misc. weapons
    • Maverick Missiles
    • AMRAAM missiles
    • Hellfire missiles
    • Hyrda missiles
    • MK83 large Bombs
    • SnakeEye Bombs
    • SCUD Rockets

Stationary
    • CIWS AntiAircraft *
    • SeaSparrow AntiAircraft *

IRAQ

Land
    • T-72 Heay Tank
    • Shilka Mobile Antia
    • BDRM2-Spandrel (amphibious)ircraft
    • BDRM2 (amphibious)
    • BM21 Multiple launch rocket truck
    • M-1974 Amphibious Artillary
    • BMP-2 Amphibious Personel Carrier
    • Ural Personel Carrier
    • Smoke Grenades
    • Panstyr (Anti Aircaft Truck)
    • EE-9 *

Stationary
    • NVST Machine Gun
    • SA-3 Sam Site

Air
    • Mig29
    • SU-25 Ground Attack Plane
    • M124d Hind attack Helicopter
    • Mi8 Transport Helicopter
    • Mirage
    • Gazelle Helicopter *
    . • SA-342S: (Gazelle Helicopter) Supply depot; weapons and health *
    . • SA-342G: Two gun pods (currently fires minigun projectile) *
    . • SA-342H: 2 FFAR Pods (14 FFARs total) and 2 AT-2 (same as Hind, 2 mags) *
    . • SA-342L: 4 FFAR Pods (28 FFARs total; fires two FFARs at a time, slower rate of fire) *
    . • SA-342M: 4 AT-2 missiles (2 mags) *

• MD-500 *
    • MH-500 *

Hand Weapons
    • AK-47
    • Gp30 Grenade Laucnger
    • Browning Hipo Handgun
    • RPG7
    • PKM Heavy Machine gun
    • Scorpion sub machine gun
    • Tabuk Sniper Rifle
    • C4
    • Mortar
    • Skorpion sub machinegun
    • Stinger
    • PSS
    • VSS *

Maps
    • DC Battle of Eastings
    • DC Lost Village
    • DC Al Khafji Docks
    • Inshallah Valley - Flatline|44
    • DC Basrahs Edge
    • DC Basrahs Nights
    • DC No Fly Zone
    • DC DesertShield (Conquest and Singple Player)
    • DC Weapons Bunkers
    • DC Medina Ridge
    • DC Urban Siege *
    • DC Operation Bragg *
    • DC Sea Rigs *

Misc

• Minigun FX *
    • Avenger FX *
    • Artillery FX *
    • Cloud FX

Armory Objects

• M-82 Case *
    • Stinger Case *
    • VSS Crate *
    • MP5 Case *

Know issues with the Beta .6

Optimization
    Since this mod is a work in progress, some optimizations have been made to the models for performance. You might experience a slight slowdown due to the fact that we haven’t done a full optimization pass yet.

Balancing
    Currently the game feels balanced, but some things may destroy objects faster then they should, the game will continually balance out as the mod progresses. This goes for speed of vehicles, weapon damage and amount of ammo.

Maps
    Only maps that display a small DC logo in them have DC vehicles. This is only temporary until new maps are created. Some new DC maps do not support single player yet, coming soon.
    If you find any bugs, please send them to bugs@desertcombat.com

Frank DeLise
    Trauma Studios
    President

From DesertCombat

Mirrors on next post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Hmmm,

Just messed around with this a bit. I think the AH-6 is my new favourite vehicle. Very manouverable and the miniguns are great against ignorant infantry.

The Stryker seems a bit cruddy, I wish they'd put in the one with the 105mm cannon. Still, it's tougher than a humvee and the smoke discharging is a novelty.

The MH-53 is huge and very slow, but it's armed to the teeth and you can stand up and walk around inside it. It'll be interesting to see it in action.

No new single co-op maps though, just desertshield and 73 eastings.

This is getting seriously polished though. Are they planning on releasing it as a commercial addon in the future?

Originally posted by ssh
    This is getting seriously polished though. Are they planning on releasing it as a commercial addon in the future?

There are many rumours going around that EA want or have approached the DC team about releasing DC as an official Expansion Pack. Besides the roumers nothing else much. At the moment it wouldnt be released on DC as they are constantly releasing updates for it that can sometimes require a full 540mb install file :dunno:

Another thing also, when it was started [a year ago last week i do believe] they said that they planned to add in more sides, such as the British etc. Im not too sure if this will ever happen but it would be great if it was to. Would make the game much more varied then the usual US v Iraqi's. Once the have the US side complete they may start work on other sides .... i hope :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Well I asked on the official forums about 3/4 months ago and the answer was "not until it hits beta". But as you say, I can't see them getting around to it until they've modelled every vehicle of the US armed forces ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Impurity

i got the new patch on saturday and we had a games night here in leixlip.

The new levels are bloody brilliant, especially that oilrig level, really reminds me of the cs level but way better!!! pity there are no bots for it yet :-(

and that new tank with 4 wheels, it's really fast, it's actually so fast that if you crash, your pretty much F~@ked ;-)

and the new aircraft carrier is class, there is so much stuff on it and you can now take off without having to dodge the rest of the stuff on the carrier ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

An irish mirror is up here for anyone who hasnt got it yet....

www.compsoc.com/~ejoyce/1942/desertcombat_0.6f_patch.zip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

:mad: i just got that last version of desert combat and it took me along time to download and now theres another one What the fuc*k is going on can they not just bring one out with everything fixed instead of wasting my muda fooking time!!

Can anyone tell me how long it took them to get the new patch downloaded?
    Mine says 11hrs 57mins!:mad:

Even cs doesnt reliase this much patchz!!

Fecking ass bandits!:mad:

:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

If you dont want it Irish_Kamikaze, dont get it. We really dont want to read you moaning about it.

Mine took 16hours 40min. stop complaining.

The game is constantly being updated as they add more and more. As it is I love the update, the littlebird [and its Iraqi counterpart] are fantastic to fly with. A good update I must say. Also the Urban Siege map is fantastic :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Any chance of an update disk from anyone here again????I just sent on the 1.5 that Jimeatsmenu sent to me on to a few mates last week and guess what ----A new update--Pain in the arse!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

only toke me just under 3hrs to download it :D, actually no that was the ful install of america's army, i think it toke like an hour

i currently don't have any blank cds at the mo, but if i get some in the next few days i'll send it out to people

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i have bf 1942 v1.5, do i need this 245mb file and something else to play desert combat?

cheers

data

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    i have bf 1942 v1.5, do i need this 245mb file and something else to play desert combat?

cheers

data

Before you install the 0.6 patch you must first install the Full DesertCombat 0.5 install. This is a nice cool 540mb. Mirrors can be found on this thread at the bottom.

Once you have downloaded the 0.5 install, then you can patch it up to 0.6 with the 245mb patch.

For mirrors and recent updates you can check our new Battlefield Patches and Mods thread that is stuck at the top. Should be finished tomorrow or so and will contain mirrors and links to all major mods and important/recent Battlefield patches. Im really plugging this board, but it does just keep getting better and better :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Nope, you need a full install (around 600megs) of DC0.5x before you download the 0.6 patch :D Don't you just love modern day mods.
    I remember a time when mods were 10Mb at most, and going mental at such a size ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

so who's leg do i have to hump around here go get someone to make me a disc?

Send me a PM there with your address and I may be able to make a copy. Though i can only fit one of the two files on a CD as together they are too big.

Thre should be one or two CDs already around though. Ive sent two out already im sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

The update patch for the Desert Combat Mod is being given away on the DVD version of "PC Gamer" magazine this month

Mike

Advertisement