Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Kid in Animatrix

Options
  • 20-12-2003 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

I'm not a Matrix buff ... so I have a curious question...

if you die in the Matrix do you not die in real life too?

How come when the Kid in the animatrix jumps off the roof top to wake himself up ... he doesn't die in the real world.. he wakes up.. but he dies in the Matrix....

do you die in the real world if you die in the Matrix?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

He basically disconnected himself before he hit. Afaik he's the young guy that keeps following Neo around in Matrix 2 and 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

really?, i thought that was spoonboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

was it because he gave up everything that he was able to wake himself? how do you wake yourself from the Matrix?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Spoonboy left on a high note.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

yeah the kid in the animatrix is the guy who controls the mech to open the gates in revolutions. id say when you free your mind you can escape the matrix.
    the same for the sprint runner in another animatrix epesoode

• Advertisement

Originally posted by sixpack's little hat
    Spoonboy left on a high note.

buhski?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

yes it was a pitty he didn't die in the animatrix, would of had a better finish to the matrix without him :) hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

To be honest i wanted that kid to die i just didnt feal he belonged in the matrix story. but this is more of a topic for the Films section so ill leave it at that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

as far as i see it, the sprinter pushes his matrix body so far that it errors, giving him a quick glimpse of his real physical self, trapped in the goo pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Commissar

I didn't like the inclusion of that matrix kid. When I saw the animatrix I was convinced that he would be very important in the destruction of the matrix or telling every body the truth or at least something that contributed to the plot alittle more. I was annoyed when it turned out that his role was to shoot a gate open after all that. The young kid who gets a big gun and saves the day seemed a bit cliched.
    It reminds me a bit of Anakin in the Naboo fighter.:o
    user45701
    i just didnt feal he belonged in the matrix story
    I'ld have to agree with that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Damn Wesley Crusher... Er, that Animatrix Kid, I mean!
    He was ****ing dreadfull!!!

"YOU CAN DO IT KID!"

Jesus...
    Talk about being beaten around with hollywood's biggest Cliche's!

The Matrix should have been left as a single film.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Allot of fans consider the matrix to be just a single fimil and regard the other 2 as being just cash-ins

Thats grade A shíte, the wachowski's always envisioned it as a trilogy

Allot of fans consider the matrix to be just a single fimil and regard the other 2 as being just cash-ins

thats if you think of it as merely a film .... if you think of it as sci-fi the other two are essential

... but that getting of the point of the kid in animatrix ...

I was just refering to the one short anime ... not the whole thing .... how did he error ? ... why didn't he just go ke-SPLAT! when he hit the ground?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

ill give teh same excuse that you can use for any bug in the film. It's a computer world. computers dont always do what they are supposed to. :S

hypothetically ... if it was real ... how would you cause the bug?

it involves 7 hamsters, i microwave and dehydrated cheese...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

he didn't die because neo was watching his every move, getting ready to remove him... but before he could do that he had to escape from the agents... which meant dropping from the roof, then neo could get him out of the matrix and get his real world body.

there is a question about the "trace program" they used in m1 to get neo out, but i think they already had the kid traced, because he found them first... or something.

so isn't really anyway of freeing yourself?... you'd just die ... you'd have to be traced first to become free?

Advertisement