Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

x1 o2 phone

• 20-12-2003 2:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

is this worth getting for christmas? Or would I be better off getting a nokia handset? Compatibility wise will it work for standard polyphonic ringtones, pictures messages and wallpapers? Or will they just be available from the o2 website?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭steviem

Honestly, don't touch it with a bargepole. It's crap. I returned mine this week, it cuts out all the time during calls and you need to charge it every second day. It's a pity cos it's a great camera thats on it. I'm not the only one having problems. Do a search on "o2 x1 reviews" and see for yourself.

In fact, Carphone Warehouse have now stopped selling it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

hold on a second..... I have the phone and i like it, but it depends on what you want.

Its a good camera phone for the price, but its not superb.
    there have been problems with it, including the cutting out etc, but mine doesnt have any of these.

And carphone warehouse have not stopped selling it... they just sold their stock and it is not being re-stocked until the new year due to game download problems (this doesnt bother me, and i dont know if my phone even has the problem).
    Sadly this means you wont be able to get it for christmas (but dont go for the mc60 whatever you do... that is suposed to really really suck)

Flogen

(also the charging isnt that much of an issue, although the games do use alot of battery power so try to avoid them if you want it to last a long time)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

but dont go for the mc60 whatever you do... that is suposed to really really suck

It does, Im pretty sure It does not even have an MMS Function.

I almost feel bad selling these phones to people.

Although im paid to do it, It still makes me feel bad telling them its a good/great phone, and giving them a very quick demo, most of the time neglecting to show them the camera feature....which is bad to say the least.

Although I can recommend the X1 easily, cause its a savage phone from what Ive seen of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Originally posted by Ryo Hazuki
    It does, Im pretty sure It does not even have an MMS Function.
    It does.

Camera is rubbish when using the screen on it, but reasonable when viewed on a PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

• Advertisement
Advertisement