Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birds in the air! Tora! Tora! Tora!

Options
  • 20-12-2003 2:46pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The first strike went in last night and we will have some good pictures later on!

Havelock, Amp and I took Temple Street since both Havelock and I had reasons to want to do that one (they fixed my chipped knuckle after I came second in a fight with a concrete wall as a lad).

In the full spirit of the theme we decided to dress up in (quite authentic) Matrix gear, down to even putting the books and toys in a black canvas bag just like the lobby scene. We bought santa hats too and wore them for contrast :)
    (The look on the security guards face was priceless btw....)

Temple Street staff were having their xmas night out but Havelock had contacted someone in there who he knows and they were going to take care of it for us.
    They got a GameCube and games, a TV, a *stack* of books and toys and a Game Boy Advanced (from the amazon list, so if you were the person who bought that, there you go!)

When we get the pics up you'll get a better idea of how silly we looked :)

Occidental and Shabbyroad have just left with a *huge carful* of stuff for Crumlin Childrens Hospital. They've got two tv's, two game cubes and a BUNCH of toys books and games. Hopefully that goes ok!

Last night myself and Amp sat down and opened all the boxes of Amazon stuff in a massive rip-fest. Sorted the books into piles so that each got a Harry Potter set, an Artemis Fowl set and so on... The mass of cardboard in my front room was ungodly. These things have been arriving in An Post canvas *mailbags*. About 6 of them!
    The place is strewn with xbox games, consoles (SSF raised about 6 consoles + the amazon list final count), PS2 games (my flatmate RogueDotc donated all of his old PS2 games collection) etc! We have a couple of phone-cam shots of that too...

So all in all we had a great night and it worked like a charm (despite my nerves!)
    We'll have pics up soon so you can all have share the laugh :)

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Special underground pictures:

http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/pics/ssf/page_01.htm

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

DSC00006.JPG

Yours truly unwrapping a mailbag worth of stuff. You can see large piles already building up in the foreground.

DSC00007.JPG
    Yes I'm wearing shades in doors. Theres a reason for that that I'll explain later. Its not a very good reason though :)

See that computer screen in the background?

DSC00008.JPG
    Thats just *part* of the wrapping from the Amazon stuff. Amp was busy ripping stuff open on the other side of the camera too!

DSC00009.JPG
    We made piles of different books so that each target would get a good selection.

DSC00010.JPG
    Not a very interesting pic of me trying to get those infernal Amazon wrappings off. They use some form of industrial cardboard and superglue, I'm sure of it!

DSC00011.JPG
    Amp slowly disappears behind the ever growing pile of books...

DSC00012.JPG
    The rubbish pile is also growing. There is a sofa behind there believe it or not!
    Remember that computer screen from earlier on? Check it again now :)

DSC00013.JPG
    Amp cleans up the last box and the monitor re-emerges...

DeV.

Advertisement