Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating?

• 20-12-2003 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

right well about 10 mins ago, while playing Call of Duty on the 07 or 08 jolt 56k server, i got accused of cheating by a certain player *cough*LambOfGod*cough*. now obviously i wasnt cheating and my score was something like 43 kills to 26 deaths or something (im not boasting its just that this is probably the only online game that im good at, and only then on the 56k servers). i didnt even think there were any cheats/hacks for this game out yet? i know they're made by hacking some file or something but i mean is this what most online games have turned into? i stopped playing counter-strike a while back (mainly because of my 56k and it took up to much of my time. and i was sh*t at it) and the only other game i was ever accused of was once in sof2 (good 'ol days :) ). so is this what some people resort to when they get frustrated by not being as good as someone else? accuse them and try and get them kicked? if so then online-gaming has become quite pathetic...(yes i know that its been like this for a good while but i've only just realised it..)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Did you get kicked or banned. If not, I don't see the problem. You always get accused now and then (usually by noobs), just because they are rubbish.
    Just insult them a bit, call them noobs and get on with the game and stop whimpering in the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

well no i didnt get kicked, i was just saying....and im not wimpering in the corner. i kicked his ass anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

This sh*t happens; nothing you can do about it, believe me. Used to play ra2 all_the_time, and was in the top 5 in Ireland for a good while a few years back, but because of this, every 3/4th game I played (especially randomised ones) I got flamed at because I was "somehow" kicking the newb's asses. Some people are just really bad losers, and can't get in the spirit of the game without behaving like children.
    Having said that - I do think CoD has a lot of cheaters atm, simply because there are no anti-cheat server/client apps out there yet. Next patch should sort that out.
    Best thing to do is ignore the accusations and just show them superior skill; cos they're usually throwing too many hissy fits to listen to logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

If there's an option to turn off the chat window/ text then utilise it. It made my CS games oh so much more enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

i didnt even think there were any cheats/hacks for this game out yet?
    Id quite safely say there were cheats out for that game within 2days of release, there always are with big games, CS1.5 had cheats released for it a few weeks before it was even released. Virtually every game has some cheats for it if theres an on-line community some one will try to bugger it up. Nothing you can do about it really, dont even bother calling them a n00b or a retard if they do start accusing, the best way to annoy them is to ignore them, they'll either give up and get REALLY annoyed, and when you get a really annoyed child on-line, it can be extremely funny at times :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Oh hell yeah - that's a classic one too. You start kicking their asses, so they pull the network connection from there end, defaulting the game as a draw. Grrrrrr.

Advertisement