Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 3200

Options
  • 20-12-2003 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

Not much on boards about this phone!

if you got one, please tell us what you think of it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

it's ok - bought a RTG one as an Xmas pressie for someone - nice enough phone for the younger generation :)

screen appears a bit washed out though (compared to a more higher quality colour screens) - the camera quality isn't too bad

they were a bit cheap only supplying a one-earpiece headset (rather than a stereo one), and a 200-240V adapter (rather than a 100-240V) as it is tri-band... also branded Vodafone Live! :(

liked the idea of making your own covers - so the 'pink' looking Vodafone one was ditched straight away - Nokia give you a set of blank templates so I put together something in Photoshop to make it a bit more personal / unique - they also give you a form to send away for a paper cutter for making more templates

the home screen text doesn't have any surround/highlight (like on the SE T68i/T610) - so the first custom wallpaper I put together to go with the covers had some of the screen text disappearing into it... so the clock and message notification disppeared... had to fiddle with it a bit to sort that out...

they warn about opening and closing the covers too much, that the contact/lock points could wear down - and make sure to click them all back into place - first time I putit back together it didn't look 100% flush and found two more points that had to be 'clicked' into place...

hopefully it wil make someone happy on Thursday morning anyhow :)

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm gonna get one of these. Wouldn't normally, but I'm getting at a reduced rate cos I've connections in the right place. ;)

I don't like nokias much, but my GX10 is starting to irritate me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

thanks lads

think i'll buy it, i am sure the t610 is better, but the amount of calls i can make with the money i will save makes up for it. :)

...bought one of these yesterday, was all happy and jolly till I was browsing through the pictures, and found one called "Image001.jpg", created on the 8th of December - a picture of a workshop.

And it crashes and reboots itself everytime I choose the "Go To" menu option, and the Alarm doesn't work.

So it's blantantly obvious that it's a repair phone (although I'll check the instructions to make sure I'm not missing something) :mad:

Fuckers. I'll bring it back and be an 'irate' for once. Although, I'd be fairly sure the guys in the shop would know nothing about it.

sorry to hear that, if they refuse you, take it to the nokia repair center on dawson st, she's a babe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

i have one and its a savage little phone. like everything on it and the camera is not too bad. definetely recommend it

Originally posted by mukki
    sorry to hear that, if they refuse you, take it to the nokia repair center on dawson st, she's a babe
    Damn, too late, got a new phone :D

I reckon the one they gave me was maybe a test model. Cos now that I have a new one, I realise the old one wasn't branded properly, and the software was an older version (less functions than the new one), likewise the manual that came with it. :confused:

It doesn't bother me too much cos the shop is only around the corner.
    Tis a savage little phone. :)

she loved it,

actually i think its a great phone, might buy another soon, for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I dont like the phone at all. It reminds me of the 7210, 6610 and 7250 way too much. The fact its based on the same platform explains that I suppose :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

pretty much a 'funky' (if that's the word to use!) / youth oriented 7250i - it is a Series 40 handset so it's going to be pretty much the same system as the other Series 40 handsets

person I got it for loved it (their last phone was a 3310) - camera surprised me as it wasn't bad from the shots i've been MMSed since yesterday - did find the screen appeared way too washed out looking (compared to some of the better quality displays on higher end handsets)...

BrianG

• Advertisement

Just a word of warning :)

The SMS messages aren't stored on your SIM (mostly). If you check the memory status, you'll see that they're counted as part of phone memory. So in theory, you have capacity for around 830 SMS (I think, but it's certainly a lot :)). Even though this phone has a 'delete all' facility unlike it's predecessors, you don't want to have to check 800 messages to see which ones you want to keep :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

I found one of these in a dump the other day. What a pile of sh1te these yokes were. I hated them in 2003 and I still hate them now, holding one in your hand for a while you really appreciate how awkward the keypad on these were. The picture quality is so bad that I suspect the only reason people took pics with these at all was for the novelty factor back in the day.

These were also one of the first mass produced phones with DRM on them. Spend half an hour on the phone to some 1580 number listening to some lad talk......as.......slow.........as............humanly................possible to get a ringtone you can't forward to anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

I found one of these in a dump the other day. What a pile of sh1te these yokes were. I hated them in 2003 and I still hate them now, holding one in your hand for a while you really appreciate how awkward the keypad on these were. The picture quality is so bad that I suspect the only reason people took pics with these at all was for the novelty factor back in the day.

These were also one of the first mass produced phones with DRM on them. Spend half an hour on the phone to some 1580 number listening to some lad talk......as.......slow.........as............humanly................possible to get a ringtone you can't forward to anyone

Typical from a Corkman. Thats all people had at that time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Fiskar wrote: »
    Typical from a Corkman. Thats all people had at that time

I think I had a 3310 at the time or a Siemens SL55 (which was a nice looking phone but terrible impractical)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

I think I had a 3310 at the time or a Siemens SL55 (which was a nice looking phone but terrible impractical)

Yeah my first phone was a 3310, it is still around somewhere, then a 5100 with thermometer and sound meter and rubber covers, that is in the drawer.

Advertisement