Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Exchanges??

• 20-12-2003 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

hi all,

i am leaving dublin for leitrim and want toget BB down there,

now i will be moving to leitrim village , 3 miles from carrick on shannon,

But mu line is failing the BB line test, Carrick was enabled recently, my problem seemily is that according to eircom my village has its own seperate xchange that hasnt been enabled and wont be for some time,

/my question is , can i change my xchange to carrick? or can i get another line from eircom and get it routed though the carrick exchange ?

or is the notion feasible at all?

ta

d

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Yes it is feasible but 3 miles is too far I would say, even if you were fed from Carrick.

Your best bet will be a wireless hop fom Carrick itself, see http://www.irishwan.org/ which is about tech that can easily handle DSL speeds and a thruput up to about 5Mbit symmetric using unlicenced wireless, and you could be a micro ISP for the neighbours , you are by no means the only one in this situation if you look at Kilkenny on that Board.

Remember that Eircom have stated that they will only have (max) 20% geographic coverage in Ireland from their DSL exchanges and that this will be achieved around March 2005 at the earliest. They have no plan to service the other 80% of Ireland with DSL or Wireless.

Welcome to Rural Ireland .

M

Advertisement