Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom December Dsl Stats???

• 20-12-2003 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,

I've noticed that i'm not able to retrieve my stats via dslstats.eircom.net when i log in all i get is my usage per month since June and cannot view my stats for this month so far!!

I'm typically quite a lite user about 1gb a month but this month i fear i might be up at the 4gb mark by the end of the month as ive downloaded quite a lot including a linux distrubution in last 2 weeks.

Anyone else having same problem, i'll dont want to pay 74cent a minute to find out why, i pay them enough a month for the service.

Gary

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Dont be too worried they usually give you a little leeway in terms of the cap - especially if you are normaly a light user. I think someone here on boards actually hit 22Gb on IOLBB and was not charged for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ronan001

yeah, i'd noticed that december figures were not workin, Not sure if this means we've no limit for this month, if it's not working at the moment or something!!!!

I find the counting is completely wrong alot of the time anyway, fair enough it's not in real time, but even at the end of the month, it can be very wrong!!! but i use a little program called DU-meter which counts up your download and upload amounts per month!!! it's well worth using

http://www.dumeter.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I'm not worrying about the cap this month. Before I was so worried about going over. Unless you go crazy with the cap, theyre not going to do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭BigO

hey if there not updating them hard cheese it will be a pefectly good defense if you go over and they start to charge.

jus' say there site wasn't workin,
    how was i meant to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

hey if there not updating them hard cheese it will be a pefectly good defense if you go over and they start to charge.

They don't provide a way for you too see how much you've called for every month, you still pay the bill at the end.. right?

Nowhere in the contract does it say that they must provide a way for you too see how much you've used in realtime.

I think they could charge you if they wanted to, and there's nothing you can say in your defense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭BigO

yeah it says eircomn reserve the right to bill ya

that means if you use it way too much they will.
    and if iol is usin broadband from Eircom i'd say eircom would bill them pretty promptly and eventually you'd feel the burn.

ah what does it matter any way of your one of these idiots/nerds (yes! you can be both) that downloads enterprise episodes its well deserved

Advertisement