Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cd burners

• 21-12-2003 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

can anyone recommend a good burner to get thats reasonably priced??

also, what should be the min speed of the burner i get? ..ie what speeds are too slow? (as you can see i dont really have a clue what im looking for, except something that burns cds!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

LG CD-RW 52X / 32X / 52X. I think its the fastest out there maybe not......

You can get this for about €60 if you know where to look.

Thanks joe...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Anything above 24X is fine too high and the vibrations will make a ton of noise and your computer will vibrate it should be very cheap around €50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

get a dvd burner, that burns cd's too, from komplett ~80 eurons

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

MSI CD-recorder IDE 52x/24x/52x Black
    CR52X. , Intern Bulk www.Komplett.ie special offer EUR 39.00 inc. VAT

But no software etc.

any link to that €80 euro DVD writer - cheapest I can see is about €130..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

thanks folks.

is there a big difference in price between external/internal? is it hard to install internal ones? cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

External are generally a bit more expensive, as they have to have an external power supply, and have to have a nice durable case to keep em safe. Also, you'd really need USB2 or firewire, or else you're gonna have slow burning speeds.

Internal drives are easy to set up, its simply just taking out the little cover blocking up the empty drive bay, slotting the drive in and putting in 2 screws so it doesn't fall out, and then attaching 2 cables. The cables themselves are impossible to put in backwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Mutant_Fruit
    External are generally a bit more expensive, as they have to have an external power supply, and have to have a nice durable case to keep em safe. Also, you'd really need USB2 or firewire, or else you're gonna have slow burning speeds.

Internal drives are easy to set up, its simply just taking out the little cover blocking up the empty drive bay, slotting the drive in and putting in 2 screws so it doesn't fall out, and then attaching 2 cables. The cables themselves are impossible to put in backwards.
    You have to set the Master/Slave jumpers too, but that's covered in great detail in almost every manual.
    Very easy to do if you take your time.
    And far far cheaper than getting some "professional" to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    MSI CD-recorder IDE 52x/24x/52x Black
    CR52X. , Intern Bulk www.Komplett.ie special offer EUR 39.00 inc. VAT

But no software etc.

any link to that €80 euro DVD writer - cheapest I can see is about €130..

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&sku=115676&p=&t=1897&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=3&GrpID=10&cks=PRL

Decent enough burner but i heard from reviews that some dvd+r media is not compatible with it (princo i think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

That's the burner i have ND1100A , and im very happy with it. Burns DVD's at 4x and cd's at 16x ....... no incompatable types that ive found so far, the cheap MMORE ones from komplett are fine, along with Verbatim, and Memorx.

Sooo cheap @ €77 , i think i paid like €200 ........ feck :) .

Advertisement