Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re: satellite help!

• 21-12-2003 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

dont know if im in the right place,

but i need some advice about satellite systems,

we only got the basic few channels and i want to get the fta ones (all the english ones as well as as many more i can get with a dish without paying a cent!)

where do i start?

is the lidl/aldi one sufficent for this?

i would like to get sky sports, but wont be for the moment cos its for home and i will be away at college all the time.

does anyone know if the 28" tvs in aldi are any good, the wide screen ones?

cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Check the satellite forums - stickies on FTA etc
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=55

LIDL / ALDI is probably Analog and so you will only get BBC world and Eurosport - for all the rest in English language you would need either a Digital FTA receiver or a secondhand sky box,..

No idea on the ALDI TV's - I just got el cheapo 29" Black Diamond power city special a few years back - /me hates stretched little peoples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

if i got a good quality dish i could receive all channels./?

ie: all fta and sky/european ones.......i wont be paying for skysports yet, but you get my drift.

cheers mate

Advertisement