Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router Dropping packets feom LAN

• 21-12-2003 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

I have a wireless router\accesspoint from SMC. barricade.

The internet has been acting really wierd recently. Ive been looking in the logs and there are literally thousand of packets dropped from the LAN in the NAT buffer.

ive checked all the machines for spyware (Spybot)

has anyone any idea why the router is dropping these packets.

The wireless is disabled ATM until I sort this out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

find the IP that these packets are coming from. Check if this is part of your lan. It could be an evil neighbour trying to use your wireless. If it is part of your lan, then its time to see what apps/processes are running on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

the IP's arent mentioned in the log, which pisses me off.

the wireless has been disabled for over month now, so noone is fooling around there.

I guess I could shut down all the computers and power them up one by one to see if it singles one out. Finding the time to do it is the problem.

Only windows machines that join the network seem to have an intermittent problem with the internet. Sometimes you bang in yahoo.com and it will come up with a feck MSN page which is wierd. Tried a mac on the network a couple of days aog and it was grand.

Advertisement