Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home cinema speakers, advice wanted.

• 21-12-2003 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hey. I was thinkin of buyin cinema speakers 4 my bro. I'm lookin 4 an all in 1 set with a 5.1 decoder and an optical in preferably for <€150. Any1 hav any reccomendations and where i can get them?

cheers!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'd recommend one of the Yamaha or Marantz 5.1 receivers, as for speakers I'd recommend Wharfedale (the Diamond range are avilable as a complete matched set, or if you're willing to buy separate components, the Valdus range are quite cost effective and i've had no problems with the latter at all).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I somehow doubt he'll get the above for less than €150. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭M@lice

ok does any1 know of a set that has just the optical in? it does really have 2 b all in 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Not sure about all that for 150 quid but if he has a PC what about the Creative Inspire range (or whatever their current range is called), they're usually well specced and priced and decent quality for the bread !!

Tinky

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

oops - i didn't see the 150euro constraint, sorry!

I heard the creative inspire set in peat's a few weeks ago - they're a steal for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Tesco are selling a Bush 5.1 system for €149.
    Saw it today, didnt get a model number though.

I ended up goin 2 argos. Got a 70w acoustic solutions set for exactly the 150 yoyos. Does every thin i wanted it to do but hav yet 2 hear it. I'm certain that i cuda got better on the net tho if i had shopped around tho. I mean i was in cash converters in cork and saw the 190w acoustic solutions set for 200, brand new in box. This costs 300 in argos! Shame they weren't selling the set i ended up gettin. Anyway thanx for your help, I'll let you know what they're like when i hear em! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

are those acoustic solutions systems any good?

i'm thinking of getting a system (priced around 150-200euro)

i had a quick look @ amazon and they have

Videologic ZXR-550 Speakers (5.1)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008O0U4/qid=1073315069/sr=1-12/ref=sr_1_2_12/026-5236941-8722809
    £65 + shipping
    and

Typhoon Acoustic 5.1 Amplified Satellite System
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000BX72E/ref%3Damb%5Fcenter-6%5F47024/026-5236941-8722809
    unknown - but about the same as above

any thoughts on these or suggestions on anywhere in ireland to have a look?

will the creative 5500 speakers here work with a regular dvd player?

i've got a cyberhome dvd here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

does the dvd player have an optical ouyt, if it does ur in business cos the speakers take an optical.

and now for something compltely diff:

Our latest CyberHome DVD player (Silver in colour) is fully featured and STILL HAS TO BE THE LOWEST PRICS 5.1 DVD PLAYER IN IRELAND! Normally €129.95 - Special Staff offer only €99.95!

Thats just a lie.

i bought the player about 9 months ago - so i'm not to bothered :-)

would anyone recommend/against any of the other creative speakers?

the 5500's seem great value for money

Well i hav to say the one i got is pretty niffty. I saw it workin with my bros dvd and ps2. Sounds as gud as what i'm used to. I hav an older inspire set on my pc from when 5.1 was gettin big and our home dvd sys has a terratec system. The acoustic solutions sounds as gud i felt and connectivity was very handy. I liked for only €150! :D

Advertisement