Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On What Do You Play ?

Options
  • 21-12-2003 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

As the topic implies , on what format do you play mostly .

Just trying to get a feel for why the shops alot their space the way they do .

On What do you Play ? 141 votes

PC
    0% 0 votes
    PS2
    48% 69 votes
    Xbox
    15% 22 votes
    Gamecube
    16% 23 votes
    Atari Jaguar (Other)
    19% 27 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

had gc, but sold it after completed zelda [only reason i got it]. planned not to get another console, but then bought xbox in the summer out of boredom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

imo the 2 best machines, and the 2 that seem to get the smallest ammount of shelf space: gc and pc:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

PC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

atari jaguar

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

couldn't agree more with tman

i went into smyths in bray today and the pc section has been halfed and been taken over by the PS2 chart games.

if it wasn't for pc's we wouldn't have consoles.
    when will they show it respect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Caffine

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    couldn't agree more with tman

i went into smyths in bray today and the pc section has been halfed and been taken over by the PS2 chart games.

anytime im looking for a game they never have it, its sooooo annoying :), in september before hl2 was ment to be out they had a sims game in the "out soon" thing and no halflife 2 i was stunned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

PC most of the time, But Z.O.E 2 has been taking up an awful lot of my time recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

PC GC and PS2 all equallly !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Just the PC. I've never felt the need to go back to consoles since I got a PC then sold my PS and N64. I still have the dreamcast tucked away, for no particular reason. I do dust off (literally) my 3DO now and again for some fun and games. No really. Now if only I could find Alone In The Dark for it I'd be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by Caffine
    anytime im looking for a game they never have it, its sooooo annoying :), in september before hl2 was ment to be out they had a sims game in the "out soon" thing and no halflife 2 i was stunned

yeh their release chart thingy is a mess.

also i was buying mario kart as a present and i found one with a box saying 30 euros

i knew this wasn't the right price and the ****er tried to charge me full price i told him to i ain't paying 60 cos it wasn't marked at that price. so he called the manager at my request and he came down and i said listen i ain't paying for something that was falsely advertised.

to cut a long story short though i got it for 30. :D

i was in there today aswell and they hadn't got knights of the old republic i want it so bad!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

All PC all the time but soon to be Xbox too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

PC all the time. I also have a PS2 which is gathering dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

PC majority, wtih some emulation on the side.
    Even pull out the A600 in my nostalgic moments.

PS2, XBox and GBA now and again.
    Space Impact on me 3315 when I'm bored on a bus and there's no chewing gum to pick at on the floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

tbh i would have to say pc because it offers so much more that ur regular console does fair enuff x-box is giving it a run for its money with x live but no real competation also that fact that u can customise ur pc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭PcP

PC most of the time now. Most played at the mo are Enemy Territory, PES3 (with ps2 pad), Enemy Territory, NetKar (with ps2 pad) and Enemy Territory. I'd also get the emulators out every now and again for a fix of Street Fighter 2 or mario.

Soul Caliber 2 is the only thing recently that made me think about consoles (was a Soul Blade (PS1) & Soul Caliber (DC) junkie), other than that there's fook all else I'd want on console.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I'd imagine it's because the games for consoles are more expensive than PC games so the shops make more money off them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    so he called the manager at my request and he came down and i said listen i ain't paying for something that was falsely advertised.

By law he didn't have to sell that to you at that price. Its called an invitation to treat. If he had posters up saying €30 then you could argue false advertising.

Invitation to treat helps protect stores from people who swap stickers on items and then blab on about false advertising and how they know the law inside out.

I'm not saying you're one of those people but that the manager was being nice selling it to you at that price when he didn't have to.

Back on topic,

I mostly playing GC at the moment. I play my GC for offline games cause there is some great titles and i play my xbox for online gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

PC, well laptop to be precise - I had to get one for college anyway so it's handy. Sometimes I'm tempted by consoles but I'd also have to get a TV to use them, which would be too much hassle and would take up too much space.

I've always preferrred computers to consoles though - you have more far more freedom and versatility with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by clownboy
    By law he didn't have to sell that to you at that price. Its called an invitation to treat. If he had posters up saying €30 then you could argue false advertising.

Invitation to treat helps protect stores from people who swap stickers on items and then blab on about false advertising and how they know the law inside out.

I'm not saying you're one of those people but that the manager was being nice selling it to you at that price when he didn't have to.

Back on topic,

I mostly playing GC at the moment. I play my GC for offline games cause there is some great titles and i play my xbox for online gaming.

this is true but anywhere u go they'll give it to u for 30 euro.
    Bad for buisness if they make u pay 60, because u could start telling all the people u know about this and of course most people would think this is an outrage.
    of course any1 whos studied secondry school buisness studies would know different
    ww)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

pc and xbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 weebrat

PC, but is the poll not a bit self-selecting? You're more likely to be using (at least) a PC if you've Internet access, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Originally posted by weebrat
    PC, but is the poll not a bit self-selecting? You're more likely to be using (at least) a PC if you've Internet access, no?

Agree totally , but there is nothing I can do about that .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by weebrat

You could be using a Dreamcast, Mac, Amiga.... You could be posting from work, school, college....

Anyway, I grew up with consoles, but the PC is the ultimate gaming platform IMO. I'm willing to give up the simplicity and universality (I'm surprised that's actually a word) of consoles for the flexibility and control of PCs.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by jonski
    Just trying to get a feel for why the shops alot their space the way they do .

Sometimes because of a good relationship with the publisher, demand/install base, and what the retailer thinks will sell.

To answer the poll - all of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Im mostly playing xbox at the mo cause my pc is crap.
    Hopefully I'll be getting a new one next year, with broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

PC and a very little on PS2 (its my brothers and i only own Vice city and FF X)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

PC mostly.
    PS2 every now and again. Usually cant be arsed to go and play it. That said, I've just started playing it again because I'm on holidays.
    Getting a Gamecube for Christmas though, so that'll eat into the PC time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

PC & Xbox

used to be ps2 before i bought the xbox, now i seem to play that most of the time (console wise..)

ps2 + pro evo soccer 3 though... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

All Nintendo, all the time.
    GC and GBA at the mo and just bought an old N64.
    completed wind waker 13 hours ago. :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

PS2 mostly especially since I'm trying to work my way through a back catalogue of PSone games. Next would be the Gamecube. Have a nicely speced PC but haven't played any games on it at all other than emulators. The quality has gone downhill recently. However I'm going to have to play COD and KOTOR after my finals.

Advertisement