Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What causes this problem ?

• 21-12-2003 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

What causes this problem?

i jus built a pc and have it going for a week
    its a nice
    3.0 GHz machine
    1GB ram
    etc..

now im using an asus p4c800 Deluxe board
    and a sapphire 9600 Graphics card

they worked great together for about a week and when i turned on the pc this morn the grpahics looked a bit off!

check the pic attached and tell me whats the deal with my pc?

yes i have virus scanned!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Moved to tech. Check the forum charter before you post in future.

Ahm, to me that says the graphics card has been overclocked too much, (heat problem) or is just dodgy.

Try it in another machine if possible, and try another card in your computer.

Or just return it. *shrug*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Check that the fan is still working on the gfx card.
    Those artefacts are usually caused by the video ram overheating. If you haven't been o/cing it and the fan is working, then you should get the card replaced.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Restart the computer in safe mode and see is it the same there. Boot to your bios as well, see if the display is distorted there. Have you tried reinstalling the driver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Is it just the icons by any chance? Can't see any other artefacts on that attachment..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Does this happen as soon as you switch on the system?
    If so, I seriously doubt it's anything to do with overheating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

As you were able to take a screenshot of the problem, it's highly unlikely to be anything else that the driver. If it was a problem with heating etc, the problem would be on your computer, not in the screenshot.

Upgrade the driver, and you should be fine!
    If it doesn't work with the drivers that came with the card, try downloading different ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭BigO

ah i fiddled arround with it and took the card our gave it alight rub and its workin ok now!

i think it was jus' a bug,

only happened in windows so maybne that was the prob!

and it was mostly jus icons! but its cool now

also when i optimized ram it went a bit crazy i think its just some motherboard thang!

i'm using a beta bios.

thanks anyway!

Advertisement