Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irc.quake.ie

Options
  • 21-01-2000 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Hi,

irc.quake.ie appears to be down. Cant figure out why just yet. In the mean time, use -

irc.uk.quakenet.eu.org

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭DeV

or
    irc.intensive.co.uk
    or
    irc.thedbs.com

DeV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

or irc.barrysworld.com

On a related topic - whats the chance on getting a irc server up which has port 21 open, i.e irc.quake.ie:21 so ppl behind firewalls can get into irc with clients !

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

Excelllent idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

This sounds good.

It has my blessing, make it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

just use the worlds finest software product of any type ever!!!

IRC BOUNCE..

[This message has been edited by tHE vAGGABOND (edited 20-01-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

No Chance on p0rt 21 being left open at all!

Use an Irc Bouncer!! I believe you can get one on tucows and chaos has a link to one on his site.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

and this will allow someone behind a firewall to log onto irc all day?
    prey tell, how does one make this happen?
    apart from d/lng and installing..does it give you the option to go around a firewall and it automatically sets itself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

that irc bouncer needs some stuff enabled that certain college proxies dont leave enabled so we cant use it from a certain college, this certainly ****s up our plans through a certain orifice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

http://chat.wpe.com/chat/
    this worked exceedingly well for me smile.gif

pat

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

not very nice to use tho :/
    if yer firewall has aport above 1024 open id say its easy to open that port for irc.. dunno tho like

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

>This sounds good.
    >It has my blessing, make it happen.

El pres, joke or not, this kinda reply gets on a lot of peoples nerves.

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Sorry Dev.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

..as humourous as haemhorroids..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Emperor

Tried the aforementioned http://chat.wpe.com/chat from a certain college. Got only so far as telling me the moderators of #quake.ie and all that, but then disconnected, more's the pity.

smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Haemhorroids!* HAHAHA LOL. HEE HEE HEE. ROFL *sigh* he he.
    OOOOOOOOOOHHHH. >>HAEMH<<orroids!!! I was thinking of something else. Haemhorroids arent very funny at all sad.gif
    Not humerous at all. Hmmmmph.Annoying little sh!ts.
    smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
    (note. no offence is intended by this post. It is merely an attempt at immature humour.)
    (note2. no as*holes were harmed in the making of this post.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

IRCBounce (which you can get from our half-a$$ed webby at www.symbiosys.org) is designed to get past this sort of problem... If your network has a HTTP Proxy (WebProxy) on it, then IRCBounce can use that to give you IRC access. There are some systems, as Koopa righly points out, which IRCBounce doesn't work on (I think there are problems with some Cisco Firewalls, and there is one make of Proxy software which it doesn't like) but all of those are fixed in the new version due out shortly, which also fixes the DCC issues, so you can now do DCCs through a network *without* taking down your router...

I've heard that it has issues with working on a certain college network, if someone wants to email me and tell me what the network setup there is and what the problem is, I'll attempt to get it fixed for the next version (assuming it isn't already so...)

I hadn't realised just how many people used IRCBounce until it was pointed out to me that several major companies expressly forbid its use in their Internet Services AUP... smile.gif

Ja,
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

rob, is it a big proggy, if not can you mail it to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Consider it done.

Advertisement