Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Self

Options
  • 21-12-2003 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Not sure if anyone here is a fan but Will Self is doing a reading in Eason's (Nassau Street) on Thursday January 22nd to talk about his new book Dorian (his take on Oscar Wilde's book)

Anyone read anything? I read 'How the Dead Live' and really liked it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

I have "Great Apes" lying around the flat, I bought it based on a recommendation, but I wasnt too enthused by the first few chapters so it got put aside, I found his characters and their environment unappealing. Sort of an english Bret Easton Ellis atmosphere (another author who I think is overrated, Less than Zero and American Psycho were good but his other stuff is quite boring imo.)
    I might have another stab at it after christmas, funds will invariably be low so i envisage a lot of nights in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

thanks for the tipoff actually, i have a friend who is into his stuff...must let her know

cheers

Advertisement