Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom ISDN little problem

Options
  • 22-12-2003 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

just a very annoying little problem with my ISDN connection.
    maybe this has been asked before, but any help would be appreciated. whenever my pc is off and the house phone rings, the pc turns itself on. this has led to us having to plug out the isdn line everytime we're finished using it.
    it bugs the hell out of me as you can imagine.
    anyone ever seen this before? eircom, obviously, were no help. we even had a phone engineer over to look at our line when he came out to install a neighbours line, but to no avail.
    :confused::confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

At a guess it one of those wake up on Lan type things - (or wake up on modem etc.) check the BIOS/SETUP for settings like that and turn them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭callmescratch

thanks Capt'n. i disabled the "wake on lan" and another "wake on (cant remember rite now what it was called)" in the bios power management screen and rang myself, but it still turned itself on. cant find any settings on the pc anywhere that could control this. i'll just have to keep searching

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

in the BIOS, Power Management:

If you have "Wake up after ring" disable it.
    Also Disable "wake on LAN"

I know you've already looked but something else has gota be there. If you cant find anything, just switch the power socket button to off (if you have a switch on your electric sockets)

I used to have this problem when my PC went into sleep mode, when the phone rang, the PC would come out of standby mode

Advertisement