Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router / Switch or Both?

• 22-12-2003 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭

I have the standard eircom BB package and i want to network the whole house, i have the netopia 3300 serise modem and i dont know if i need a switch or a router or both? to have a sucessfull network in the house.

It has NAT but i dont really know if that only for 1 computer or will it work for more.

U can see the specs of the modem on http://www.netopia.com

Any help is greatly recieved!

Thanks,

Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

From what I hear on boards that modem is all you need for a home network it has inbuilt DHCP and can handle more then one PC......of course I may be wrong:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by DjDangerousDave
    I have the standard eircom BB package and i want to network the whole house, i have the netopia 3300 serise modem and i dont know if i need a switch or a router or both? to have a sucessfull network in the house.

It has NAT but i dont really know if that only for 1 computer or will it work for more.
    A switch should be all you need. The DHCP and NAT will work for multiple devices.

Advertisement