Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

artificial neural networks

Options
  • 22-12-2003 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hello all...wasnt to sure where to post this, but here seems to be a good a place as any. I'm doing a dissertation on "artificial neural networks and their use in the field of weather prediction" and just wondering does anyone know where i can previous dissertations/theses on a similar topic on-line or any other good sources of information on the subject.thank you.All help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

Your supervisor will be able to help far more than we can

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

A couple of my mates have written them, but they aren't available on-line. Doubt I could get you a copy at short notice, unless you happen to be in DKIT?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

have you tried reading the Q fully? and perhaps basing a google search(es) on more specific terms.. like "hunter gatherer",etc. smelly UL students :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 dan_an_fear

Citeseer is a good resource for scientific papers
    http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/cs
    The neural network faq is good for getting a general overview and pointers to further information.
    ftp://ftp.sas.com/pub/neural/FAQ.html
    Doing something along the same lines myself, neural networks predicting the angles between amino acids in proteins
    good luck
    Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Originally posted by donClon
    I'm doing a dissertation on "artificial neural networks and their use in the field of weather prediction"

I just wanderd in off the street
    Why would ya want an artifical brain to help ya predict the weather?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

10 input "enter data",a
    20 print "Scattered Showers"

That bit about amino acid angles - you are taking pH and other properties into account too ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 dan_an_fear

No, the goal is that the net learns that kind of expertise itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Originally posted by dan_an_fear
    No, the goal is that the net learns that kind of expertise itself.

Wow!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Yeah hello.

"My CPU is a neural net processor, a learning computer" - The Governator

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Look up AI notes on the web... We do AI in DCU. You'll find sample/psuedo c++ code on even the 3rd year AI page.

Between the 3rd and 4th year stuff on this page you should find at least a lil something that'll be of use to you:

DCU CompApp Artificial Intelligence Notes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Aparantly if you repeat todays weather, you're right about 70% of the time, so your programme would just have to learn to repeat everthing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭skipn_easy

Except you'd want much higher accuracy than 70%. And it takes all the fun out of it.

Advertisement