Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turkey tips

• 22-12-2003 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

Right it is the 22nd of Dec and it will be soon time to
    get that bird washed out, stuffed , cooked and eaten.

So I am sure there are a few of us that have faced this daunting task a few times and one or two that are braving it this year so lets pools tips and hints for
    making the ordeal a lil easier.

Make sure you have a oven dish that is big enough to fit the turkey in before all the shops shut on christmas eve.

Clean out the oven it could be on for 3 to 4 hour depending on the size of the turkey and you need it so be clean so that the turkey is not flaovured with burned
    bits that dropped of all those pizzas and on to the oven floor.

even if the Turkey say oven ready it is best to wash it out with some salt water.

A large potatoe place down the neck of the turkey and pushed under the breastbone will cute down on the cooking time as it will heat up and retain heat better then having a pocket of air in the turkey.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

liked your potato tip.

This year I deep fried my turk. It was delicious. Bought in a turkey fryer from the states (kind of a giant pot with an outdoor butane/propane burner rig).

The turkey only took an hour and a bit to cook and it was done perfect. Also it was cooked at 350 degrees so once you drop it in, the whole bird gets "sealed" and the juices stay inside.

Did this for eleven guests and although many were worried it would be like kentucky fried chicken greasy, all said they loved it and that it was very juicy, not greasy at all.

Advertisement