Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vcd's

• 22-12-2003 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭

any of you have experiance with Vcd's? I have two VCD files, 785MB's each. I cant get them onto 2 cd's, the files are to big :dunno: . I want to split them up and burn them on 3 cd's so that they can be played in the Dvd player. Any idea of what application can do this? (OS=windows 2000)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭PcP

Did u try overburning the 2 disks? You could get 785M on a 700 cd with Nero 6.
    To set the overburn choose data disk then (in Nero Express mode) click the more button at the bottom, click configure (bottom left) then click on the Expert Features tab. Tick enable overburn and set it to 90 min.

Should do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

NO NO NO!

Don't overburn it (i hope i;m not too late)

Open up nero and Select New Compliation, and use VCD or SVCD as the type. Then just drag and drop the 800meg vcd files over and burn them 1 by one.

The VCD/SVCD format allows for 800 megs of NON-overburned data to be written, as only 2 layers of error correction are used. Normal data has 3 layers of error protection, which takes up the extra 100megs, reducing the usable cd space to 700mb for normal data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭PcP

YES YES YES! Overburn damnit

prolly better do as MF sais tho, he sounds like he's actually tried it before:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yes the 800mb VCD files will fit into 45 mins of video.

Just start a new VCD, and drag the files over, no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Yes the 800mb VCD files will fit into 45 mins of video.

Huh? that doesn;t seem relevant. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭ando

ok thanks for the help ;)

now where do i get a copy of nero 6 *cough* :ninja:

[edit] oh yeah, they have a demo on the site :rolleyes:

Advertisement