Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Monitor Plug Type??

• 22-12-2003 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

Okay, currently my monitor gets it's power straight from the PSU of which there are 2 connections on it, however I'm upgrading my rig after Christmas and I can't use the existing PSU because it's only a 140W, and we all know that that cant handle a 2500+ overclocked, 2 optical drives and 3 hdd's!

The new PSU im getting, is a Jeantech 400W from PC World, but this only has one connector for the power. This means I cant use the current setup for powering my monitor.

Therefore I'll have to find another way of powering it, straight-away I thought of simply cutting off the current plug and putting a 3pin plug that will plug into the wall onto it.

What I need to know is a) is the possible and b) what type of fuse should I need?? Any advice would also be grateful (I dont want to be electocuted)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Is it not a "kettle" plug?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

yeah, when i blew the fuse in my monitor, i took the plug from my kettle and used the plug for a while. worked grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

you can pick up a power cable for sweet feck all in any hardware shop. They're the exacat same as mentioned "kettle plugs". Should cost you no more than €5. These power cords are standard and is the exact same as the one that connects from your power socket to your psu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ah yes, the good old kettle plug, will do!

Advertisement