Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona vs Celta Vigo (scores)

• 22-12-2003 3:31pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

On holidays here in Barcelona and I went to the Nou Camp last night to watch Barca play Celta. Pretty cool experience. The attendance was roughly only 47000 so it was pretty empty. The atmosphere rose and fell a lot, at the kick off there was a deathly silence, but the crowd went berserk whenever something happened for Barca. I guess i wasn´t really there at the ideal time, the fans seem pretty pissed off with Barca´s poor league form and they were chanting stuff along the lines of "La Porta you son of a bitch, you´re gonna take us to the 4th division!". I was in the season ticket holders area and some of the old guys there were... a bit frustrated.

On to the game, i was delighted to get to see the match as i quite like Barca and of course Arsenal are playing Celta Vigo in the CL. In brief, if Celta play like they did last night then Arsenal will absolutely tear them to shreds, they were brutal.
    Barca started quietly but were pretty much running the game after 15 minutes. They had a few chances, Gabri was clean through but the keeper blocked his strike, Cocu had a chance and then Xavi volleyed against the bar from outside the box. Celta didn´t have much up front but bizarrely Puyol played a back pass to Recber, who completely mis-controlled it and fell over allowing Jesuli to roll the ball into the empty net, putting Celta 1-0 up completely against the run of play.

Barca continued to cut open Celta, they were caught out several times by Barca playing through balls inside the fullbacks. Ronaldinho was given acres of space to run around in and the holes in Celta´s defence were gaping. Ronaldinho had a strange but legitimate goal ruled out, he nicked the ball off the keeper on the edge of the box but was judged to have fouled him, and Kluivert powered a header in before half time but was dubiously ruled out for a push.

Second half was similar, Celta sat back with a 5-4-1 formation and made virtually no attempt to get forward at all. This frustrated Barca further who didn´t really carve out many chances. Eventually the goal came for Barca on 70 mins with Cocu scrambling the ball in from a corner. After the goal Celta continued to sit back until the last 5 minutes when they started counter attacking and looked vaguely dangerous. Nothing major happened though and it finished 1-1.

Overall it was an entertaining game, Barca were rightfully disappointed but i can see why they are doing poorly in La Liga, their midfield went missing for most of the second half. Celta looked to be a very poor side. Nothing in midfield, nothing up front and a defence that is weak in the air and even weaker on the ground.

Now, if the Barcelona knobjockeys hadnt towed our car from a legitimate parking spot and charged us 150 euro to get it back i´d have been really happy :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Rijkaard hasn't a clue.
    Oh how I wish Barca had a proper manager.
    Oh how I wish Liverpool had a decent manager.
    Oh how I wish the two teams weren't doing shite in their leagues.
    Oh how I wish the two teams were in the Champions League.
    :(

Advertisement