Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr. Creed

Options
  • 25-01-2000 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

faeg?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

WAN D!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Emperor

Now don't start this again......

smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

sounds a bit like the rambus debacle today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Gandalf, that's what I said in my first post.
    The 'late' MMX boards (Gman/Lawman-Tx chipset) used 66Mhz Sdram, of which there was no decent standard at the time. A LOT of manufacturers ran into the same issues.
    The first P-II board (Portland-440fx) used 60 ns np EDO SIMMS, this covered Klamath 233's and 266 CPU's. No compatibility problems - and since this would seem to be what BAZ has he should be fine.
    The 2nd P-II board, Astoria-LX used 66Mhz Sdram and the Deschutes cpu (266+), same problem as the TX boards.
    The astoria is an OEM intel board, the first LX, so any OEM using it had the same problems.

Baz difinitely has 168 pin sdram memory. DEFINITELY, no doubt about it at all and as per usual I'm more confused each and every time I reread that damn post.
    I repeat I do not have EDO ram simms.
    OKAY.

Now I'm sure every one is getting sick of reading this in the quake board, so I don't mind if you reply through the tech board, and anyway the stuff in there is getting old, freshen it up.

bye for now
    Baz

Advertisement