Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reading in multiple gifs

Options
  • 22-12-2003 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

I am using VC++, and was wondering does anone know how to read in a sequence of gifs one after another and then do processing on the images pixel by pixel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

for(unsigned int i = 0; i < number_of_gifs; i++)
    {
        read_in_gif( gifs[i] );

for(unsigned int j = 0; j < num_h_pixels; j++)
            for(unsigned int k = 0; k < num_v_pixels; k++)
                process_pixel(j, k);
    }

I would suggest you read the FAQ on how to ask questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

Silent Bob's right, but, I guess it's almost Christmas so here's a bit more help ..

To flesh out read_in_gif() a bit, google for:

gif-lib
    Gershon Elber

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

I would suggest you read the FAQ on how to ask questions

I'm sorry i didn't ask the question the way you would like but i didnt need to know how to use a for loop but rather a library that reads gif's and allows manipulation of pixels.

thanks jedidjab79

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

I know you didn't need lessons on 'for' loops, however I answered exactly what you asked. Your question showed laziness on your part. You didn't show us that you had made any attempt at finding a solution before posting here, people don't appreciate that when they are giving away their time to help others for free.

Advertisement