Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL DVD Player - 29.12

• 22-12-2003 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20031229.p.DVD-Player

To Playback: DVD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, JPG, VSD, S-VSD
    With AC-3 decoder to playback Dolby Digital 5.1
    With DTS decoder
    Two headphone outputs with seperately variable volume
    In silver or black
    Includes: infra-red remote control with 2 batteries, iSCART cable (21-pin, RGB), Audio/Video chinch cable
    Video outputs: S-Video, 1xScart, 1xchinch, 3xcomponent out (chinch RGB), progressive scan output, supports PAL and NTSC
    Audio outputs: 6xchinch (5.1 channel), coaxial output, optical output
    3 year guarantee
    Price per item

€54.99

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Are there any codes to make this region free?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

For a second I thought It was €29 :(

Are power city doing any of the region free ones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭paulthelegend

damn so did i think it was 29 euro :) still a good offer but let down from 29 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

Hard to tell what the model is from the advert but when I entered 'bench' in the search field according to dvdrhelp.com here it is region free via remote.

(according to the link it's
    1. Power on
    2. open door
    3. with FB 2812 type
    4. a new specially menu comes up
    5. 1 for move 1, 2 for move 2 etc. 9 for codefree )

google throws up this

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Jeez, component out and progressive scan for 55 yo yos ffs
    thats rather a good deal
    can only wonder what the quality will be like

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Originally posted by paulthelegend
    damn so did i think it was 29 euro :) still a good offer but let down from 29 :)
    I was thinking that was an odd price.:D

By the way, see this one? Looks like a real kid in there!

:D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Bought one of them last year for the kids - haven't given it to them yet ! They are quite big - about 6-8 inches high...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by conZ
    http://www.lidl.ie/ie/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20031229.p.DVD-Player

To Playback: DVD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, JPG, VSD, S-VSD

is that a typing error? Should it mean VCD, SVCD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Heh. I just pasted directly from the Lidl.ie site - It's a typo obviously.

It's meant to be VCD and SVCD :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Does anybody know if theres a LIdl in Dublin city centre? Or any in South Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by aphex™
    Does anybody know if theres a LIdl in Dublin city centre? Or any in South Dublin?

Not in the centre,

Coolock,Baydoyle,Lucan,Blanchardstown

no list of stores on the web site...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

I said id try me luck today and see if i could get one of these and i did, pretty damn impressive i have to say

comes with a load of leads remote control etc etc, had it setup in 2 minutes, theres a hell of a lot there for 55 yo yos, picture quality is pretty good 2 i have to say.

plus it plays everything says its region free in the instruction manual by remote

have to say i dont like buying things at really rock bottom prices and this is the first piece of electronic equipment ive ever bought in LIDL but im not sorry now

Good stuff

Shin

also has a dolby 5.1 decoder for those that have them

yeah I got one too. Really good deal if you can get one. I was in Lidl at 10:30, and nearly all the silver one's had gone already :eek:

lots of black ones left though

Only downside I can find so far, is that on my TV I have to shut the dvd player off completely to re-enable the Tv !! If I leave the player on standby, all I get is a black screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭40coats

I said I'd try one too, very nice for the price. 2 gripes so far though:
    Unlike my old palyer it will not ouput component to my projector and s-video to the tv at the same time. This could get quite irritating if I have to turn on my projector to switch output back to s-video everytime I want to use my TV for movies.
    After a brief paly around I've already found a movie that won't play (Identity(R1)) but then, that's always been the danger with buying cheap no name DVD players.
    Still a PAL and NTSC progressive palyer for that price is pretty cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

Bought one, no problems so far.

Not much of a rush for them in Lidl Killarney this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Originally posted by ando
    Only downside I can find so far, is that on my TV I have to shut the dvd player off completely to re-enable the Tv !! If I leave the player on standby, all I get is a black screen

I have 2 different DVD players that do that via scart - you must power it off - I thought thats just how it is - at least I didn't have to waste time tuning in a channel.

the other dvd player i have is from the Dunnes stores bargain E20 player. On that one its grand on standby, I can view the tv fine (both Tv's are the same make/model and both are using scart)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

Still a few DVD Players left in Killarney this morning.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Originally posted by buddy
    I have 2 different DVD players that do that via scart - you must power it off - I thought thats just how it is - at least I didn't have to waste time tuning in a channel.

Do you have it going to the scart on your telly? My telly has two scart sockets, and you just have to switch from ext1 to ext2 etc to move around. Same as with the PS2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by buddy
    My Philips does that as well. Actually I like it and regard it as a feature - when I want to watch a DVD I flick it on and it takes over without any input from me, when I'm done it returns control to Mr Murdoch. To each his own though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I bought one of those Lidl players for my sister and it works fine, scart cable is noisy (speakers on TV have a hiss when DVD is on and TV is DVD channel) caused by poorly shielded connectors etc ... a good quality scart cable sorted her problem :D .... btw, there were about 15 of them nicely stacked in Lidl Killarney this afternoon

Advertisement