Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom mail server problem

• 22-12-2003 6:10pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok heres the problem.In my eircom pop3 I cant receive any new messages as my quota is exceeded.
    There are 2 messages from "5818+8324" sent on 1-1-1970 containing 192125893115 mb of data.I cant remove them and cant move them to thrash.
    Any ideas.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Wrong forum methinks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by Hellrazer
    192125893115 mb of data.

192,125,893,115mb - well if mb is milli bits then it's only 22GB
    if it's MB then you aint ever gonna download it.

You'll probably have to ring up eircom on thier 1550 86c / €1.90 per minute number to ask them to delete it at their end - have similar problem at home - download has crashed out N times - don't worry I'm not dialing Eircom. (if I was cynical I'd say it was down to incompetance rather than deliberate screwing up of the system to get people to stay on longer ..)

[edit] can you delete them if you use web mail instead of an email client ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

You'll have to phone them cos it's a screwup on the server. They won't be able to do it in the call centre and it will have to be escalated to the network operations centre so it could be a while before it's sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

I'm assuming this is in webmail?
    If the offending email are in your inbox, then create a folder and move any mail you have in your inbox, that you want to keep, into this folder.
    Don't download anymore new mail.
    Call eircom tech support.
    Tell them you need to have your webmail inbox reset.
    In the mean time, use www.mail2web.com to check your mail.

Killian

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Originally posted by ecksor
    Wrong forum methinks.

Thought it was a virus so I posted here.Sorry.
    And it is megabytes by the way.Infinity +15 I think the server is picking it up as.
    Richie

• Advertisement
Advertisement