Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voodoo3 Crashing with Alt+Tab

Options
  • 24-01-2000 6:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to stop this happening?
    I have the latest drivers, (so don't bother suggesting that WWM) smile.gif, and every time I go to minimise someting like Half-Life or Quake, it just goes black and crashes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

This happens with a lot of games running through a v3, had that painful problem when I had a v3 and was running q2, would have to close down q2 in order to get back into irc. Just have to live with it I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

as if i would.
    like paul said...just live with.
    mind you, it doesnt happen with mine and ive got a pci v3 2000

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yeah - I actually posted the 3dfx wwboard and the answer was nothing can be done. Works fine with UT though.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

not just v3.
    happens to a lot of cards.
    at random smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

it happens on my tnt aswell , alt tab to windows and then back to q1 , half the screen is missing , same on q2 and q3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Hmmmm I once ran Quake and Half-Life at the same time and saw elements of both on the screen at the same time, it was freaky I tells ya'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Emperor

On the same thread, any time I do anything such as change the resolution, alt+tab, or even quit from winquake or quakeworld, i get a blue screen "fatal exception" message and have to restart. Generally it says "winoldap caused a general protection fault in xxxxxxxx". I'm sure i have the latest drivers (my card is an nVidia tnt), any idea what's up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

My v3 3500 agp doesn't do that. I can alt-tab from Q3 to my desktop, which has freaky colours but the same res. And alt-tab back in to Q3, when it goes back it's a little darker then after cupla seconds goes normal.
    UT and Half-life work fine.

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Just a hunch but could it be games are running in 16bit and windows is 24/32 bit. Set 'em all to 16bit and see if it stops.

Advertisement