Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good prices for blank DVD's and CD's

• 22-12-2003 7:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine in Dublin saw an ad for this place!! DIGITAL MEDIA DIRECT at Unit 1 Avonbeg Ind. centre, Tallaght. Blank DVDs from 99 cent each Blank CDs 30 cent Telephone 4627511 and 085 7104000.
    Has anyone experience of this firm??? :):):)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Those prices aren't that great , even for cheap media.I bought those new Datasafe 52x Silver Premium cdr's from Komplett last week for 30 cents each.

carb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

carbsy, read over greenman's post again. Then edit your own post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Originally posted by conZ
    carbsy, read over greenman's post again. Then edit your own post.

Was he not just pointing out that you can get good quality branded CDRs for the same price as the unknown/brandless CDR's from greenman's post? That's what I read into it anyway, and if true is enough to turn me off the company and go with Komplett.

.cg

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'd imagine he's on about it being about the blank dvd's for 99c, which is quite cheap. Cheapest on komplett is 2.60

• Registered Users Posts: 41 hcvti

What brand of DVD were for 99c?, I got bulkpak purple and white label green before for less than €1 each about a year ago and they made some lovely coffey cup coasters, Although the whitelabel worked well with the Panasonic DMR-E50 they do not go well with any of my PC burner's, I have tried Bulkpaq's inkjet printable and same result as the green label and purple bulkpaq the movies are all skipping towards the end of them, they look to be a printable version of the coffey coaster purples.
    Be sure what you go for is good, Try www.ebuyer.com(delivery is expensive though about £25+ to Ireland), you could also try www.mediawrite.ie (delivery was €5), or of coarse www.komplett.ie(delivery is €10.00), I got Ocrton dvd-r's in lidl and they burnt well to be fair, but after about playing the film 3 times the picture quality looks to have depreciated.
    Be sure the media you get is good, dont just go for it because it is cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Originally posted by hcvti

Be sure the media you get is good, dont just go for it because it is cheap.

very very true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

Just picked up 25 benq CD-Rs from Beyond 2000 for 12 quid.

Thats pretty good for such a small amount i would have thought.

Spindle style, 52x burn speed and 700mb capacity.

Seems ok to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Argos are selling 25 dvd+r for €35. Cheaper if you go for the -r format.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Originally posted by harney
    Argos are selling 25 dvd+r for €35. Cheaper if you go for the -r format.

If argos are selling them for €35 you can be sure they are available elsewhere for less than half that

Oh, look! 25 DVD-R for as little as €11.30 including delivery (I would reccomend a more expensive disk such as the Datasafe for €16.60)

Even cheaper disks for bulk orders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Originally posted by John R
    If argos are selling them for €35 you can be sure they are available elsewhere for less than half that

Oh, look! 25 DVD-R for as little as €11.30 including delivery (I would reccomend a more expensive disk such as the Datasafe for €16.60)

Even cheaper disks for bulk orders

Here Here :)

There really should be a sticky about this topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Originally posted by Shiny
    Here Here :)

There really should be a sticky about this topic.

Ask and you shall find that you could already have recievied if only you looked in the right place before aking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ur-lord

Maplin are selling 25 spindle dvd+r & dvd-r for 23.99.... thats 95 cent each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

25 Datawrite discs for €13.50, shipping included. That's a little over 50 cents a disc. Never had a problem with those discs.

HERE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

John R wrote:

Is that in the "bargin Alerts" forum? No

Was I asking for a Sticky? No , I was merely pointing out that there
    should be one in this forum for the people who keep posting prices
    that are more expensive than those in
    BlankDiskShop and Pricestorm . :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭gre_soul

friend of mine in england sells em cheap check out clmmedia and tell him gre_soul sent you.

Advertisement