Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Problem

Options
  • 22-12-2003 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Quick question:

Work colleague of mine brought back some DVD's from the US a few weeks back. His daughter was playing them on their pc and also on a Playstation(2?). Seems they won't work on either now.

Anybody know what might be wrong? Any suggestions as to how to solve it if it can be solved?

Many thanks,

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

First thing that springs to mind is that they're scratched. Check them out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Were they working on the Playstation?
    Does nothing happen at all when they are put in the dvd players?
    Has your friend tried out any other dvds since?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Is it possible (assuming a region blocked DVD player and unmodded PS2) that the region change limit has been met on both devices ???

Tinky

An unmodded PS2 wont play any region other than region 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Originally posted by tinky
    Is it possible (assuming a region blocked DVD player and unmodded PS2) that the region change limit has been met on both devices ???

Tinky

My thoughts too. My home P.C. in initially unlocked but after say 4 or 5 times it will lock to the region the DVD last played on was from. So if on the 5th time you play a european DVD that's all it'll play in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Originally posted by tinky

Tinky

To be honest, I get the impression thats exactly what has happened. I didn't get a chance to talk to him today, but from what he described last week, that's seems to be the situation. Is there any way around that?

Mike

Flash the firmware and use DVD Genie to change the region each subsequent time.

Advertisement