Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone for a LAN?

Options
  • 19-01-2000 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

Trinity is holding its annual games convention next month (weekend of the 25-26th I think) and hopefully theres a chance that we can run a LAN at the event. Im currently sorting out the details, but I hope to have enough space for around 40 computers if the demand is there.

It will run in a somewhat similar fashion to Gaelcon/DubLAN - bring your own at your own risk (though of course there will be guards on duty all the time).

Similarly, while there will be some bits and pieces, we will also need all the cables, hubs etc and the relevant people to make it all go smoothly.

The cost for the weekend isnt set yet, but will be in the region of £7-8 for both days, hopefully with the option to set up on Friday night. Ill have more details in the next few days, but in the mean time if anyone can help with gear, brains, sponsorship or anything else that is useful for these type of events, I'd really appreciate a mail at menthal@eircom.net or some sort of reply here.

Cheers

Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

DAVE!!
    we were wondering were you had got to!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

sounds good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

I'm in, just so long as we don't have to
    go home at 8 every night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Aye, we wanna sleep (or dont sleep) there if we want to. That was my main complaint with Dublan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

It aint gonna be a sleep in job, though Im sure some accomodation can be made with nethouse or something for some after hours gaming. On the other hand, I expect to be in the pub each evening from closing time, so its not as though theres nothing else to do!

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

we are watching your moves with great interest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'm confused (so what else is new smile.gif ). Are u talking about a LAN party where peep bring their own PCs, or setting up a LAN and charging peep to use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Dave,
    count me in. And its good to hear from you again, finally wink.gif
    Quozl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 KillGoddo

Errrrrrrrr. Don't know. I'll have to consult my consultants and there Ma's Ma's Ma's Ma's Ma's Mazda...........

P.Brennan must be killed he has brought everything that sheep and goats have fought for over the past centurys and threw it back at their faces. He uses them to get his wicked way and now has a mouth the size of a bazooka. This man must be assasinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

blitz , you bring your own pc , sounds good. wouldnt be able to make it though as we have exams on saturday u do mean the saturday 22nd and sunday 23rd?

[This message has been edited by Sonic (edited 20-01-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭tarzan

i think by next month he means in february Sonic. I assume your exasm will be done by then. So all is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Sounds interesting... smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Sounds good - Where in Trinity? (just Curious)

As this may be part of the gaming convention, can we expect a disproportionate amount of bearded folk in Star Trek uniforms brandishing tin foil axes?

J.

ps- Who wants to share or carry a pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

could well be interested.
    but what are yis playing?
    dont tell me it will all be qw, or will there be a bit of UT as well. oh, and q3a i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

aye......sounds deadly. From what time in the morning to what time in the evening? Or (hopefully) is it 24hr?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Count me out then. I can't be assed carrying a PC all the way to Dublin! smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

there will be me , my comp , three 12 port 10mbit hubs and as much cabling as i can carry , looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

Itll be no worse/better then gaelcon. Seems like we can get 2 of the upstairs rooms, but I dont know how big they are (the large taps rooms apparently). I'd prefer to be in the main hall, and see if the old guard guy will let us use the big projector like 2 years ago (for those who remember it). On the other hand, the gamers freaks dont like the idea of the computer gamer freaks being in the same room as them, as I'm sure you can well understand.

Anyway, must go do something constructive with my day, like go get a job or something.

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Emperor

Dang, wish I could go, then there'd be on complaints about LPBs smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

..and U were OUR main complaint at Dublan...

[Not directed at Emperor smile.gif]

[This message has been edited by Slosh (edited 21-01-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

There... smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Sonic...you forgot nicky and arky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

dave, is this gonna be in the jcr again
    with lots of ppl walking around in funny hats and real swords ?
    just wonderin' cos last year i had to make the sambos and it was scary.

harVey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Yeah .. lets arrange some good UT LAN CTF , Team Q3A DM ... little bit of CA ... and some AOE2 to finish.

Well thats what i'd like to see anyhows,

JAK.

i vote for sporadic checks on the door for illegal software

Er, if that one was about me being at Dublan, I wasn't, or am I missing something? smile.gif

[Thanks v. much smile.gif]

[This message has been edited by Emperor (edited 21-01-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yeah, me an slosh spent ages setting up that lan and you didnt even bother showing up
    tart

Aw, jeez, bawss, I'm sawwy.....

i still vote for sporadic checks on the door for illegal software

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

We heard you the first time.

Advertisement