Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humour board

Options
  • 22-12-2003 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

What is the point of the reply function in that board? Not that I'm dead against it or anything, but the replies are either "that's funny" or "that's not funny". Unless you're an aspiring comedian checking your material out on it, it seems pretty pointless.

Just wondering if anyone else is bored of seeing threads full of hahahaha or lol?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well, it's good to get feedback even if some of it is a bit unimaginative plus other people get to add more jokes of a similar type, if they think of any, leading to more laughs all around. Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

sometimes they throw in a joke on a simalr subject

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

most of the feedback is absolute crap, but sometimes is quite good, when, as said, other jokes come along.

its mainly the same people who reply all the time. could it be put in the charter that you cannot reply unless in these circumstances.....

it'd probably be horrible for the mods at first, but if it catchs on it might be worth it. i wouldnt want to be doin their job though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Well the stickies do say to rate the humour rather than pour scorn or abuse on it - maybe this needs to be modded harder (in an ideal world with an infinite supply of patient mods)

constructive critisim is good - slagging (not insulting) is also good in a lot of cases

Perhaps there is a case for banning people for a week if they spam the board with variations on LOL - but it's the humour thread so well... Or just some vigilant(e) mod to purge them thus removing postcount. (How come there are never an infinite number of mods when you need them)

Anyway Exit no one forces you to look past the first post and the ignore button is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Yeah, I know. I t doesn't seriously piss me off or anything. I was just wondering about it because I find it silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I stopped looking at the humour board when we lost the right to ridicule the poster of a bad joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

kharnrofl.jpg

:dunno:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by Makaveli
    I stopped looking at the humour board when we lost the right to ridicule the poster of a bad joke.
    No I believe you still have the right to ridicule in a humourous manner ( sarcasm preferred ), as opposed to simply venting spleen or hurling generic abuse.

NO to - my 10th LOL post in a row
    NO to - that joke sux
    YES to - bananayoghuts posts are both original and funny - unfortunately the funny bits aren't original and the original bits.. well lets not go there..

Advertisement