Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All I want for xmas...

Options
  • 22-12-2003 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭

Hey

Has anybody had any trouble with fonefix or sony ericsson? My T610 broke back at the start of Novemeber so I sent it off to them for warranty repair, it came back broke so I sent it off again, and it came back broken again, so I sent it back again! So this time they decided to replace it but they had to send it off to Sony Ericsson in the UK. One month later, no sign... I've been calling fonefix for the last 3 meeks but each time the say they're still waiting for it to come back from Sony Ericsson. Today I asked Fonefix to find out if its ever coming back from the UK but they never called me back.

I know a few people have had phones repaired with fonefix with no problems, but does anyone have experience of this? In fairness it sounds like Sony Ericsson in the UK are dropping the ball, but it would've been nice if fonefix had contacted them to find out whats happening..

At least when I do finally get it back (hopefully), it'll be a brand new model. But it seems like a ridiculously long time to wait for a warranty repair/replacement.

So anyone wanna share their experiences?

David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

that sounds bad alright

have to say i've always found FoneFix grand - but I've been lucky and not had any serious problems with Eircsson / Sony Ericsson handset's I've sent them - mostly firmware upgrades and basic work they can carry out in house.

they should have called you back though - I'll PMed you an email address of the last direct SE related contact I had to make with FoneFix / Sigma - although it was a while back as I've just dropped / picked-up personally at their location in Finglas the last few times so haven't had to e-mail anyone there in a while...

hope you get it back soon, sounds like it has gone on way too long...

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I had a similar experience with a 6310i for a few weeks. They said they send it to Nokia as they were the only ones with the parts. It was the third time I sent it for repair and on that occassion, they kept it for 6 weeks. I called them and spoke to a young girl and while she wasnt unhelpful. had a bit of an atttitude and basically told me I had to wait as it was in the hands on Nokia. She said she called Nokia about twice already and they said to wait. She then suggested to call Nokia, I did and got no where. Ended up calling Sigma back.

I ended up throwing a bit of logic at her, which confused her completely (somethings about me paying fonefix for the repair and not Nokia, thus the contract was with them and it was their responsibility to follow it up). She called Nokia back and told them I was "going bananas" (very prefessional I thought) and 2 days later, had a new phone....

Just call them and bitch, always works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

have always just sent (Sony)Ericsson's to FoneFix and used MPRC for Nokia's

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Well yesterday I rang Fonefix and asked them to ring SonyEricsson in the UK about it. They said they'd ring me back, but they didn't.. Then I called them again today and they did indeed ring me back but told me they couldn't get through to Sony; "probably out for a few drinks already ha ha." Well some of us still have work to do before Christmas Eve! ;-)

I sent an email off to Sony complaining about this, and I'll ring Fonefix again tomorrow or when they reopen next week. Till then, I suppose its just a case of kicking back and enjoying Christmas! With my ****ey old replacement Nokia.

I'm debating whether I'll go bananas or not to try and get it quicker.. :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Well I called phonefix yesterday and they've finally got the replacement phone from Sony Ericsson, so I should have a T610 back by the end of the week.

So it broke in November, was repaired twice but the fault persisted. So at the end of November it was sent back for replacement, and the replacement was sent back in January. Quality service! And not exactly with a smile either.

On a side note, whats the story with the free MMS? Did you have to have bought an MMS handset in the last year or something? Before I ring them up and ask if I have any free MMS I just want to know the criteria.. Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement