Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn at Whelan's

Options
  • 22-12-2003 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

Anyone going to Turn on New Year's eve? Or going to see them supporting the Frames even? I got my ticket the other day and I can't wait!! Looking forward to seeing Fair Verona again too.
    Oooh...the excitement is just too much!
    Roll on Dec. 31st....
    xxx me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Fair Verona are supporting Turn? Interesting...

I'm going to the Frames gig so won't be attending. Haven't seen Turn before* so not really knowing what to expect. Looking forward to Mark Geary though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

I got my ticket on Saturday...I can't wait!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Turn and Fair Verona are pretty decent.Should be good.

[OT]
    Ro: maaan!: who was that punk band that went on second last on Friday in Whelan's before that attrocious metal covers band? I know ya told me but my mind is like a sieve :P

Cheers
    [/OT]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Originally posted by dregin-x
    Ro: maaan!: who was that punk band that went on second last on Friday in Whelan's before that attrocious metal covers band? I know ya told me but my mind is like a sieve :P

Cheers
    Mouthepiece.

Line-up went exactly like this: 20 Bulls Each, The Steem Pig, Mouthpiece, Fisted Sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

woo yeah frames all the way, you get the best of all worlds... pity turn are on first though, they're so good at getting a crowd goin.... but yeah i still have my wristband on from last week...
    apparently everyone from the 5 gigs- frames, turn, jerry fish, mundy &damien dempsey- are heading to whelans after &there's going to be one ****er of a lockin, so if you're already in there dont leave ever!!! (oh, &nobody tell anyone, all must be hush hush to a degree...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 My Name IsJonas

Ah only a few days to go. That Ollie Cole......mmmmmmmm, if's he's not gay now, by 2004 he will be.

Hehe this is going to be one hell of a night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭TeenStar

Can't wait for this! - wish i had rounded up a few more people to come along but that's laziness for you! Also saw this on Turn site:

Support for New Years in Whelan's is Fair Verona, an all girl band from Tipp who say they are gonna play the gig in bikinis, and Red Twelve.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

hahaha so there ya go boys!

They didn't say they were going to play in bikinis! Chris D said it messing! It's mad how facts change...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ciaran 0

Originally posted by My Name IsJonas
    Ah only a few days to go. That Ollie Cole......mmmmmmmm, if's he's not gay now, by 2004 he will be.

What have the Lord of the Rings Return of the King extended DVD and Ollie Cole got in common. Neither are out yet

• Advertisement

hey now, if his (incredibley pretty-b.itch) girlfriend were in here now she'd cry..

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

Originally posted by luce
    They didn't say they were going to play in bikinis! Chris D said it messing! It's mad how facts change...
    Chris D said it too, seemed quite interested in the idea for some reason:D
    But it was Ollie or Terry that posted it on the Turn site first.
    ....whether or not it happens ......now thats a different story:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

Originally posted by My Name IsJonas

So is he gay yet?
    What happened as the clock struck 12?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

he felated the bass player

Originally posted by The Weatherman
    So is he gay yet?
    What happened as the clock struck 12?
    they played Another Year Over for midnight, and released lotsa balloons from the balcony. Was a really cool gig, am so bruised from being front row centre tho!:D
    Whats the weird obsession here with calling ollie cole gay??:dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Originally posted by mydarkstar
    am so bruised from being front row centre tho!:D

I can empathise with you on that one :)

Soooo painful but soooo worth it!

Were you the girl on my left who spent half the gig having to lie across the front of the stage 'cos of the pushing?! 'Cos that's what I did!

Thought Fair Verona were excellent, as per usual. Will definitely be going to the Hub on Jan. 10th.

As for Turn.....they rocked like mfs! (as only Turn can do :D ).

xxx me

Ooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I'm in so much pain from being up the front too! Nobody ever thinks of the little people! When Ollie asked everyone to go easy on us, they pushed even harder!
    Oh well, it was a sacrafice I was willing to make to stand so close :D
    Fair Verona were fantastic. As I keep saying...they're not just pretty faces :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Damn fine gig! :D
    Wish I'd had more change tho, didn't have enough loose cash (without breaking a large note) to put hoodie and jacket into cloakroom, ugh, soooooo blóódy roasting! :D At least my face matched my top then! Both bright fricking purple I'm sure! :)

Great gig tho, was nay pushed on Fair Verona tho. A bit too bland/predictable for my liking. (Not that thats a valid argument when I like Turn! :ninja: )

Originally posted by memaeve
    I can empathise with you on that one :)

Soooo painful but soooo worth it!

Were you the girl on my left who spent half the gig having to lie across the front of the stage 'cos of the pushing?! 'Cos that's what I did!
    xxx me
    yeah that was me with the short hair, was so much easier to just lie across the coats on the stage than push back!
    On my left was Lucy(i think!), we spent most of the time picking up the damn amp that we kept knocking over....lotsa extra work for Terry there, sorry!:)

Yea, t'was madness!

I think Kimmy was on your left. I just met her for the first time last night, she was over from London. Unless there's another Lucy, but the Lucy I know was on my right.

Poor Terry!

xxx me

• Advertisement

Oh yeah I saw you! I was actually on Maeve's other side though, not yours :D It's all very confusing.

ah now i have it sorted- was definitely Kimmy o my left cos i was talking to her and she said she was from London. She's probably in pain this morning too, she was the one helping me pull that damn monitor back into place all the time- not an easy task!

Sure, I can sleep easy now i've got that one straightened out:p

So it went:

Kimmy mydarkstar Maeve Lucy

...sorted!

Mwahahaha :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

G G G Granville on Open all hours just said ' I love too much make-up'

I love irony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Olliec

Originally posted by butterfly
    hey now, if his (incredibley pretty-b.itch) girlfriend were in here now she'd cry..

She's lovely.

O

This is the slowest message board in the world

Wow!! Look who's graced us with their presence!!
    Welcome :D

And yes she is lovely,

xxx me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Olliec

Thought i'd check out this board and see where all the kids hang out.
    Is this board really slow or is it my computer?

It sucks.

OX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Originally posted by memaeve
    Wow!! Look who's graced us with their presence!!
    Welcome :D

And yes she is lovely,

xxx me

I reckon someone musta touched a nerve

• Advertisement

to clarify- i said 'incredibley pretty- b.itch', not incredibley pretty bit.ch (ie i do not mean that she is a bitc.h, i mean that she's too pretty dammit, it's not fair!
    she's such a lovely lovely girl, i've talked to her at gigs before..
    turn were deadly supporting the frames aréir too... the qwhole darkness thing, my friend had never seen them before&now he won't give me any of my stuff back.. so i'm turnless at the moment..

Advertisement