Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn at Whelan's

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Originally posted by Olliec
    Thought i'd check out this board and see where all the kids hang out.
    Is this board really slow or is it my computer?

It sucks.

OX

The board or your computer sucks Ol? I reckon its the former.

Give em a licence ya sh!ts if only for the life of this msg board.

Whats ur plans Ol, didnt get much chance to speak to you last nite, was very drinkd but tryin not to show it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

be nice
    oh, to complete my clarifying, &to defend myself, i was merely trying to put them in mind of your girlfriend when they were planning on gayly deflowering you for newyear's... some'd thank me, but NOOOO
    sniff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

Hey Ollie, how are you? Thanks for a great gig. I got very squashed though!

Yes I have to say I don't think Butterfly was being bitchy.
    Every Turn fan knows very well that Ollie's girlfriend is lovely.

P.S. This message board isn't at all slow for me :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Olliec

No problem butterfly. I know what ye meant.

XO

And acquiescefc

I am just getting ready to go to eastren Europe on a small tour. It's gonna be great going to to some great places we have never been before and with our good mates Bellx 1.
    After that back to work. Gonna record a new album and a side project thingy also. Gonna do as much music as i can this year. I don't get to do enough music so i think i need to do some side projects to keep me busy. That can be my new year resolution.

That and maybe become gay.

XX
    Ollie

• Advertisement

Hehe, nice one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

this eastern europe tour intrigues me, and fills me with ideas. i thihk that instead of this eastern europe tour, come live with me! we're very nice, really.
    ok, now stop me if i'm wrong:
    *you're goin where you've never been before, see new things, meet new people (you don't know me, or any of the poeple i live with- new experiences aplenty)
    *you'll look forward to sleeping in the back of a van, if you're lucky (you are free to use the 'driveway'..- or 'porch' as it's known to friends)
    *you'll try new foods (we had ketchup on toast 4days in a row last week. and last week was Christmas)
    *you'll regail the natives at night with music the likes of which they've never heard before (because that basta.rd atole my CDs, as i've mentioned)

SEE, and all this &more for a fraction of the cost of eastern european prices- those former soviets, always squeezing til the very last drop..

man, i typed a lot....

I am just getting ready to go to eastren Europe on a small tour. It's gonna be great going to to some great places we have never been before and with our good mates Bellx 1.
    After that back to work. Gonna record a new album and a side project thingy also. Gonna do as much music as i can this year. I don't get to do enough music so i think i need to do some side projects to keep me busy. That can be my new year resolution.

XX
    Ollie [/B]

Thats one helluva resolution, side project sounds interesting. Noticed you singin with Andy I think after the gig, is that the side project?

But seriously, enjoy the east, itll be a bit chilly tho. Hope you get some quality song producin time around Boll X1 gigs.

And dont do the gay thing, (have mental image of Ollie turning into Hayley from corrie)

Ciao for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

XX
    Ollie

I have to say, I preferred your old turn site and message board (no offence) teh new one is a bit fidgety!

Probably the best supporting performance I've seen at the Olympia (bought the ticket before the Whelans gig was announced, or at least, I saw it announced) and definitely the best version of the darkness song I've seen or heard.

One question, copies of Antisocial are impossible to find in Dublin. I have one, but a few friends want it and I'm loathe to burn it if they can get a copy themselves (for Irish music anyway). Will it be re-issued at all do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Originally posted by syke
    I have to say, I preferred your old turn site and message board (no offence) teh new one is a bit fidgety!

The message board is fine.... the news page, now there is a problem... 700k to load.
    One question, copies of Antisocial are impossible to find in Dublin. I have one, but a few friends want it and I'm loathe to burn it if they can get a copy themselves (for Irish music anyway). Will it be re-issued at all do you think?

i seem to recall people before asking on their site about that, and it was pretty much burn away with anything from the Infectious days...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Olliec

Yeah the old message board was easier to use for sure. I don't like the catergories.
    Will do up the site this year and hopefully fix the message board thing.

Yeah i think we are gonna re issue "antisocial" this year with "check my ears" also.

Just don't tell our old record company.

O

acquiescefc

I will be round on monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

Is this board really slow or is it my computer?

It sucks.

OX
    heheh, can be pretty damn slow!
    ......sheesh, and you were worried Turn's site might be slow!!!:p

Y.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

I agree with decob, I've no problems with the board but the main page takes ages to load.
    This one is fine.
    xxx me

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

is just me then!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭TeenStar

Good Luck with the Tour O & Co, BellX1 are a class band too :D

Hear hear :D
    Don't become strangers though...we want you back soon!

O

acquiescefc

I will be round on monday morning.

Ive not got much bread in tho so can you get some Brennans on your way!

Advertisement