Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Universal Remote control

Options
  • 22-12-2003 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Any recommendations on a good universal remote to control 5 devices (incl SKY)

Not one of these touchpad devices just plain buttons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

URC-7560 is what I have.
    Pretty handy, controls 6 devices and you can program your own macros into it.

http://www.oneforall-int.com/english/products/urc/URC-7560.htm

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yup, I have one of those too. It's ok, though rather bulky. I have never got the damned thing to work my Powerpoint DVD player, and it doens't work many functions on my Kenwood hifi. But it's a solid enough remote. Think I paid around €49 for it.

€49?
    Jesus, I paid 20 something and I thought that was steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Sorry for going off topic lads but BYTE mentioned he/she has a Powerpoint DVD Player. I am having a problem with one of these units - bought from D.I.D for 99 bucks - the model I have has the karaoke mic inputs and echo control - MP3 playback etc. Does this sound like yours BYTE ?

Again sorry for going off topic but really need help with this one !!

Cheers

Tinky

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

Where did you get it for €20.

Also if you take out the batteries can you see a 3 or 6 pin header on the circuit board. I've been reading about this JP1 interface which some of the URC remotes support.

• Advertisement

It was 20 something. I can't actually remember now.
    I got it in Totterdels in Stillorgan Shopping Centre.
    Was over a year ago now I think.

The only reason I bought it was so that I could make my dvd player region free.

It has 6 pins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

I'm a big fan of this one by One-For-All. Looks really slick and it's a really powerful remote, even works throught duvets! (don't ask ;) )

byte

Originally posted by tinky
    Sorry for going off topic lads but BYTE mentioned he/she has a Powerpoint DVD Player. I am having a problem with one of these units - bought from D.I.D for 99 bucks - the model I have has the karaoke mic inputs and echo control - MP3 playback etc. Does this sound like yours BYTE ?

Again sorry for going off topic but really need help with this one !!

Cheers

Tinky

Yup, that's the one. Have it over a year now and no problems as yet. What's up with yours?

The audio on all DVD Videos is hollow like one of the effects in turned on and also has a slight reverb/echo effect. I've gone through all the menus and turned everything off but no difference !

Did this happen to you?

Tinky

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

HA HA, use your 3650 Telephone. COntrols everything via the infra red port..... Just buy/download the software.

John

• Advertisement
    byte

Originally posted by tinky
    The audio on all DVD Videos is hollow like one of the effects in turned on and also has a slight reverb/echo effect. I've gone through all the menus and turned everything off but no difference !

Did this happen to you?

Tinky

Hmm, can't say that it did. Have you a microphone plugged in? I've had none of those probs with my player, but I'll check it out in the morning to see if I can recreate the effect.

Have you a microphone plugged in?

No ! The problem only happens on movies. Karaoke Discs are fine as are MP3 CD's and audio CD's ! Strange one eh?
    HA HA, use your 3650 Telephone. COntrols everything via the infra red port..... Just buy/download the software.

I think most PDA's that have an IR port will do this as well. I have a T610 which allows me to remotely control my Mac through Bluetooth. It would be nice if manufacturers replaced Infra Red with this technology.

Tinky

Advertisement