Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mankiws Presidential Game

Options
  • 23-12-2003 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭

Found this by accident - Mankiw uses this game as a companion to his texts on macroeconomics. Basically you get to mess about with some economic knobs and buttons and the economy behaves as it should according to Mankiw anyway. Clearly it helps to have Mankiws text as this is the basis for the "model". Your goal is to stay popular and in power for 16 years after which the major economic indicators of your "reign" are compared with previous U.S. presidents - on my first half arsed try I got better than Reagan, which doesnt say much for Regan.

Well it kills 5 minutes anyway and its apparently educational...

[EDIT] Here it is [/EDIT]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

I'm nearly sure there should be a link there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Doh!

Fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Redleslie

Christmas is a time for doing many many fun things. Playing economics "games" that belong in 1983 zx spectrum magazines is not one of them.

Advertisement