Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Christmas?

• 23-12-2003 2:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Is there no such thing as marketing or commercial spin in the 24th century? Why don't they celebrate christmas time on the next generation : /

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Their was a xmas in generasions when picard was at home while in the nexus so no douth its still around

But remember that star trek is set aboard Mililtry ships they wouldnt be all out at the shops buying playstation 760 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

perhaps its more of a festive thing on starbases or perhaps the tradition just faded out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Wasnt there an episode where for christmas they hooked 2000 flashing led's to datas face and shot him out of a torpedo tube to celebrate christmas.....

Hang on did I dream another episode!

Ya worf and his jokes lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

they probly get so drunk and eat so much they cant be arsed doing anything interesting engines off and all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

well, you could look at it in a logical fashion. xmas be a religious holiday. as we all know, religion is failing, and fading away. when was the last time you went to church? if you do go, WHY?

so by the year whateverthehell that star trek is set in, isnt it logical to think that religion has been squashed by science, along with christmas, a celebration of some obviously dodgy character's birth?

yes

BUT i dont bleave in religon (and i think its the most evil invention ever) but i do like xmas and so do most other people

Xmas is no longer about some make bleave person its just about presents etc which is all good :D

Advertisement