Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q3 -Please help :(

Options
  • 27-01-2000 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭

NNNNNNNGGGGGHHHHH
    Just got Q3. I install it. I run it. It doesnt run."GLW_StartOpenGL could not load openGL". My voodoo2 drivers were fine for everything till now. I go to download latest drivers anyway. 3fdx.com. Their download link gives me the "cannot find page" page. Rage is increasing. I search for other sites with the same driver. I found seven. All of them linked me back to 3dfx. I return to QW map editor. I build a map of my hometown and go killing ppl. Reality and game gets confused. Many ppl hurt. Who to blame? ID? 3dfx? Those stupid singing hamsters?
    This is a glimpse of what could happen. Please help me. The running Q3 problem that is. Mental help is at hand. smile.gif
    Please god help though! Thanks in advance.

[This message has been edited by Paladin (edited 27-01-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

i believe glsetup should do the trick.
    you'll be waiting for ever for 3dfx drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Heh, my Voodoo2 drivers work fine with the Q3 demo (but its slow cos i've only got a P200 smile.gif If your card is an OEM product (ie, mine is a Guillemot Maxi Gamer 3D2 PCI), you should be able to get the drivers easily enough from the OEM's website.

http://www.guillemot.com for Guillemot cards smile.gif

- Munch
    - Visit The Fortress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Wahoo!!
    glsetup worked smile.gif
    tnx ledz
    and tnx exhale if u ever read these

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

Use the wicked3d drivers for voodoo2 http://www.wicked3d.com/ , these are a lot better than them 3dfx ones. You'll know their working when you see the spinning logo in the top right corner. Select default driver, not voodoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

hey spoon did u try the new ones they have up? eye scream somthing or other
    It keeps asking for some cd sad.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Advertisement
Advertisement