Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to buy?

Options
  • 23-12-2003 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Hi i'm know i'm getting a voucher for gamestop in a few days but i'd prefare to spend it before christmas so i have something to play on xmas day?

can anyone recommend a good pc (or ps2 game) thats the doggies bollix

i was thinking of max payne 2 perhaps, also i was wondering is baldurs gate anygood or neverwinter nights (i like FF so i thought i might like these)

i like some FPS as well and have bf and moh, so wondering are COD any good or hidden and dangerous 2 or something

cheers

data

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i'd go for max payne 2, based solely on how ****ing addictive the dead man walking mode was in the demo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Max Payne 2 is very short and to be honest isnt anything that special, it's very similiar to the first one. Good fun while it lasts though try to get it off a friend maybe.

I'm getting SSX 3 and Prince of persia myself.. POP looks great and every review I've read praises the shoite out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i'm leaning towards the rpg genre i think

what about nwn or morrowind?

i'll GIVE you my copy of morrowind if you buy max payne 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by Swifty
    Max Payne 2 is very short and to be honest isnt anything that special, it's very similiar to the first one. Good fun while it lasts though try to get it off a friend maybe.

I'm getting SSX 3 and Prince of persia myself.. POP looks great and every review I've read praises the shoite out of it.

prince of persia is indeed ace yes, very addictive aswell

star wars : kotor is a must recommend game if you havent played it yet

NWN is also class if your into that sort of thing, plus the expansion packs to boot

from what ive played of delta force black hawk down it seems like a very good game aswell (FPS)

Spellforce is a new rpg game thats out very recently and looks pretty promising, bought it a few days ago but really havent had the chance to get into it

bought terminator 3 aswell, but wasnt aware that it was a net only play type game (apart from dm/team matches against bots which is crap..) and since i havent got the net in the house anymore it isnt much use atall... seemed a decent fps game if your into fps multiplayer game

Champ manager season 03/04

Tony Hawks underground for the ps2 is another defo recommended game

Pro evoloution soccer 3 for the ps2 DEFINATELY if you havent got it yet

theres more i cant think of and ill mention later...

• Advertisement

thanks for the replies folks i'm kinda thinking of going with morrowind if i can pick it up it sounds good.

i'm not a big footie fan so never really tried championship manager however my brother is getting pro evoltion 3 for the ps2

i'll looking into the star wars: kotor though

cheers

data

i was serious about giving away morrowind btw, its just a copy that came with a gfx card. so as long as your not put off by a lack of fancy packaging, its yours

Originally posted by tman
    i'll GIVE you my copy of morrowind if you buy max payne 2.

whoops sorry missed that post you sure you don't mind parting with it?

hmm what to do, its the ex-gf who has the vouchers for me she says she may make it into town tomorrow and try to pick up what i want i don't even think gamestop will have morrowind but they do have max payne 2 which i was looking at and seems good if a bit short, i have the original and played it abit and i liked it.

i'll get back to you tman

thank you

data

p.s is there a manual with it? it seems like the kinda game you need a manual for

• Registered Users Posts: 14,785 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Call of Duty and Max Payne 2 are the games I've enjoyed the most in the last 2 weeks.
    Both are short but are visually and innovatively stunning on the PC.
    Call of Duty is a masterpiece.

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    whoops sorry missed that post you sure you don't mind parting with it?

p.s is there a manual with it? it seems like the kinda game you need a manual for
    no problem parting with it, its just not my kind of game...
    i'm afraid it doesn't have a manual though.
    (there's prolly a pdf floating around the interweb somewhere...)

oh yeah, just to clarify. i don't expect anything in return. just offloading an unwanted game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

FYI, morrowind is very cheap in xtragame (xtravision) at the moment. €30 for the game plus both expansion packs....

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It's 30 in Gamestop with both expansions also.
    I reconmend you get this, Data, the Bloodmoon expansion is quite fantastic!

It'll keep you entertained for months, if not longer.

ok €30 sounds good, angelwhore is that in the henry street branch or liffey street or what as someone is going to try to pick it up for me in the morning.

tman many thanks for the offer however i think it would be a good idea to have the manual for this game and also with the two expansion packs thrown in €30 is a bargain.

cheers folks

data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Broken Sword 3 or Track Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time is in my opinion the best damned platform game I have ever had the pleasure to play. It simply oozes quality. The sheer amount of times I shouted at the tv "You have got to be kidding, you want me to go there?" and then, after many rewinds actually doing it made me feel, well, special.

Buy it. We rented it, but I'm buying it to play again.

right thanks for all the replies folks, gamestop was out of morrowind today so i got the ex to pick me up nwn with the shadow of the unrentide double pack or whatever its called.

thanks for all the opinions folks i'll be playing this in the morning while downloading the massive updates i think are required for FF XI :)

have a good one

data

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    tman many thanks for the offer however i think it would be a good idea to have the manual for this game and also with the two expansion packs thrown in €30 is a bargain.
    pfft, can't even give the piece of crap away!;)

i guess it'll go to the next bidder then...

well if your that desparate you can send it to me to see if i like it and if its worth me forking out for the whole cha-bang :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by tman

i guess it'll go to the next bidder then...

i would take it if it was free :)

got some pc games i dont play as ive completed them in exchange possibly

Advertisement