Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN and Morrowind

Options
  • 23-12-2003 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Hello just wondering do people recommend these games for someone who ususally plays final fantasy

i've been looking at the nwn pack that comes with the first expansion pack included and is quite cheap and i've heard good things about morrowind also.

i want to give someone the go ahead to buy me something for xmas?

cheers

data

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

both brillant games

Morrowind is played in first person perspective, you work on your won the rabge of skills and weapon is wonderful you can very easily get lot exploring the landsacpe as you work through you goals also it has the fun of the game and the politics in it changes depending on what race you are.

Neverwinternights you play from a thrid person perspective and may have hence men along with you to aid you. Yes there side quests for each of the classes but it is not as varied as morrowind. That aside there are many many many modules out htere for NWN that can be down loaded and played. NWN is a lot of fun in multiplayer wether is is at a LAN, with the guys here or on one of the peristant worlds severs out there .

they both have build you own world packs cnat say I have used the morrowwind one but the NWN was straight forward enough.

I have and play them both depending on my mood.

Morrowind for solo adventuring and NWN for when I want to anoy others :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

thanks thaed i don't have bb at the moment and i am looking for a game to play for myself so morrowind seems like the way forward (i have FF XI for when i get the bb) i some of the review on ign and it gave it 9.4 and i think theres a pack knocking around that has the first expansion in it (kinda like the nwn one). thanks for the advice

data

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Yes most deff Morrowind is the way to go from a single player point of view, its a free roaming game so you can go anywhere on the island i forget how big the island is but i remember its very big (possibly 10 square miles) that you can wander around and do what you want. There is also a storyline to follow if you wish,

NWN is very good game im a big AD&D fan so i would suggest this if you are too also there are allot of downloadable single player modules from: http://nwvault.ign.com/index2.shtml some of which are amazing though they are quite large to download, but you dont need bb to play NWN (but it helps :) )

Good luck i hope you enjoy the games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Aye Morrowind is the way to go if you want a pure single player game. It's soooo open aswell, you can follow the story if you want or just wander around looking at everything. There are tons of crypts, old castles and abandoned ruins about the Island, just make sure you have some fighting skill before you go near the ruins or castles or the monsters will rip you apart :) Loved the visuals in it, especially the weather, wandering through the ashlands and seeing a dust storm starting up and getting caught in the middle of it.

There are two expansion pack for morrowind aswell, one is tribunal and the other is Bloodmoon, I think they're in a package now so you should be able to get all three. Haven't gotten a chance to play bloodmood but I hear it introduces wearwolves and you even get a chance to become one (you can become a Vampire aswell but I hear thats a hard one to do as you have to get one of them to infect you instead of killing you)

NWN is good aswell but I'm not sure about the single player story line, never seemed as real as Baulders gate/Icewind Dale or Morrowind. Not sure why. Tons of modules for it though, most of the time you don't have to download very much unless they are using textures that aren't in the game.

this may seem like an odd question but how important is the manual for morrowind? is it necessary for someone to have one who is starting the game for the first time?

the reason i ask is that tman is offering morrowind to me as it came free with his graphics card however it doesn't have a manual

just wondering

data

• Advertisement

Its not Vitally important to play the game if you've played RPG games before then it shouldnt be too hard to pick up. this is the offical site for morrowind

http://www.elderscrolls.com/index.php

There are forms on the site that should help you also the codex section of the websites gives you info on the various Races, Items, Skillls and history

so i'd say a resounding hell yea if tman's offering the game then take it
    but one word of warning morrowind is a very graphics intensive game you'll need a pretty high spec machine to play it.

xp3200+ radeon 9800 pro :) its all good

update: anyway angelwhore said morrowind with the two expansions is in gamestop for €30, i sent the ex in to get it today but they where sold out so i got her to pick me up NWN with the shadow of the unrentide (or whatever its called) expansion pack

i'm sure i'll be happy enough with this, going to play it while downloading all the FF XI updates tomorrow :) will probably pick morrowind up after xmas. i'd like to take up his offer but i'd like to have the manual and €30 isn't much for the complete game

thanks for the info folks and hope yous all have a good one

data

Incedently i herd rumors of a new game from the makers of daggerfall / morrowind
    elder scrolls 4 (5, 6, 7 or whatever its on atm)

is this true or is the expansion for morrowind that there on about?

i didn't get a manual in my gold pack of nwn is this standard procedure? i was worried about not having a serial number then but it was stuck inside the case.

haven't been playing it much tbh as it turns out FF XI is more then playable on dial-up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

The manual is also on the disk in PDF format.

• Advertisement

i hate when i get manuals on pdf tbh i feel theres no point in me having paid for the game then i could just copy it and i wouldn't be losing out on anything. i'll check with the shop and see what the story is

Well as a last resort you can use the PDF file (print it out) and hunt for the manual online im sure someone would part from it with a couple of spondulies

Advertisement