Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN disconnections - auto redial?

• 23-12-2003 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

I have an ISDN connection to UTV Internet. I use their dialer and it stay connected as long as 3 hours on average. Sometimes I need to download a patches/updates or whatever (eg 139Mb). I use getright/ftp resume etc after redialing manually to continue this.

Does anyone use a script or a service that automatically redials after it cut off ? It can be annoying at 4am when you want some sleep rather than checking on it. I'm interested in hearing how people approach this problem. :dunno:

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

if u can make the connection manually its pretty simple.. assuming ur using windows XP this is how u do it..

start > settings > network connections > UTV Anytime > right click on it and click properties > options > tick redial if line drops

and there are some other options to the right of that box which u can do to suit your needs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Thanks BArra,

I've checked these and I'll see how it goes. I had this manually set up but I was using the UTV XL dialer since July due to their two-tier phone number dial in trick. Correct me if I'm wrong, but UTV Internet route you to a certain phone no. depending on your usage, ie re-dialing etc.

Advertisement