Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Assistant for Fergie

• 23-12-2003 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

Unconfirmed reports suggest Manuel Pellegrini is on his way to Manchester to take up a position as Assistant manager at Utd. He is the technical director of football at riverplate,

Anyone ever Heard of Him ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Don't know a lot about him really apart from the fact he is Chilean and was quite successful during spells with River Plate and San Lorenzo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I really dont think they need one.The Brazillian he has there now is doing grand

I don't think he really needs a great footballing mind as his assistant just someone who can do a professional job and ease the hassles of actually running the club. I mean the guy isn't getting any younger and he did have that minor heart scare lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I agree with kmart the brazilian is fine! wats his name again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

IMO, I think Keano would be a great assistant .... plus, as he may be brought in as Fergie's long term replacement, it would give him the much needed experience to make the transition an easier one!!

Now for the flaming :eek: :D

Keane won't get that job.....not as Ferguson's replacement anyway. Utd's board aren't going to go for something romantic like that they'll get a big name in.

Besides if it was to be an ex-player the forerunner would be Bruce presumably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Besides if it was to be an ex-player the forerunner would be Bruce presumably.

Dont foget Sparky.

Yeah hes done well too but no club experience might hinder him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

martin o neill will get the job *IF* he desnt take the liverpool job at the end of the season ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Martin O'Neill would be mad to go to Liverpool! At least at Celtic he cant get some Champions league football(Not alot sadly)! He'd be class at man u as manager when fergie leaves!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

martin o neill would find it hard to go to a premiership . to be fair there are only two teams in celtic that are in the title race .look what united did to celtic in the summer

Advertisement