Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Ideas that never happened

Options
  • 26-01-2000 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Here did any1 get together for this at all.

Quake 1998 & Paint

I'd luv to have a go at it.

BTW before any1 suggests that I should organise it remember I couldn't organise a p!ssup in a brewery tongue.gif

Gandalf.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I remember the last time I was at crossfire. My moment of glory came when we were doing the "Get your flag into their hut with out getting shot" game. Our stragedy was simple but brilliant. Two volunteers would run into their base shooting and shouting their asses off while the flag carrier went into the hut.

Couple of deep breaths and I legged it into there main courtyard and fired randomly at the enemy. I was hit almost immediately by 4 or 5 pellets in the face and my gun jammed. I was now screaming in pain but our flag carrier made it. The other team were so freaked they kept shooting at me even though the warden lads were shouting cease fire and I had my gun over my head in surrender.

Anyway, when I crashed my motorbike about a week later the doctor thought I was really ****ed up cos of all the bruises and was surprised to find I only had 2 cracked ribs. smile.gif

hmmm... no it's a lot of fun actually. you feel like your in the SAS with the mask and you get to do all those cool roll along the ground to avoid being shot. Also you get to make cool hand gestures as you creep up on the enemy.

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Dear God,

What an inspired idea - Quake Paintballing.
    I'd definitley go for something like that.

Espeically if we were allowed nominate members of the opposing team.

JAK.

ps- Is anyone aware of the rules governing use of the hatchet in Paintballing?

[This message has been edited by Jak (edited 26-01-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Its perfectly leagal!

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Deadly. How about Pheonix Park?

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ctf mod variation 27...capture the deer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

go down the Country and play CTF (Capture The Farmer for 5 points if you capture a cow u only get 1)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Emperor

You might find more targets than you bargained for in the Phoenix Park, if you time it right.......

smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Oh, good god smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Its allmost like quake is coming alive.

I pulled the plug on Dublan :)

I wonder can you rocket jump, or would that just be a bit of a mess

• Advertisement

sounds like it would be a good thing to do anyway.(I mightend get wiped around so much)
    on a plus side i would be easy to pic off the "bigger" slow moving people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I gave a lash at organising this about 8 months ago, but everyone was mad keen to do it... Until the deposit for the place had to be paid... sad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Just wait til another lan and then collect the deposits there and then have the Pball session the next week. Just an idea I'd like to go but I don't think any of ye like me so I probably wont(damn how do you do that crying face thingy??) sad.gif

WOOHOO got it!!

bye for now
    Baz

[This message has been edited by Baz_ (edited 27-01-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

my god yes! someone *must* organise this - im tired of getting shot by virtual gunshots by faceless strangers: time to get shot in a cold muddy field instead. in fact...you get a much better framrate when youre running around carrying a shotgun in a field, although shells and armour are rarely just left around in ditches for no apparent reason round my way. perhaps we could go up north and use all those old forgotten ira arms dumps? wed solve the decomissioning problem and kill of scores of geeks in one fell swoop. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

you might have somthing there smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

no lag either.

bye for now
    Baz

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

unless your in a wheelchair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Or wearin' welly boots... there's fierce lag on welly boots.

We could try south armagh or possibly the monaghan/louth border with the north.... That'd be very like quake, there genuinely IS armour, ammo and weapons lying around in the ditches... tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I'm on Ellesse and 20 Marlboro, I'll have to upgrade to Nikes and Silk Cut Purple to get a bit more speed. I was in Skirmish last year and I could barely run - had to camp by the steward for ammo. The graphics were a bit hazy too, but I put that down to the tequila the night before...

Advertisement