Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone lines problem.

Options
  • 23-12-2003 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭

I have a problem with my machine which keeps answering mobile calls which is quite annoying as if you dont answer within 5 rings you get fax noise on the call.

The phone system layout.

1 line split 3 ways from main eircom box via sockets

1. to wall mounted phone eircom phone
    2. to cordless phone
    3. to computer with the line being swapped between fax machine and internet when i am on the net.
    i have also call answering running as well.

Any suggestions.

I know another line would be an answer but does that require a new line from the telegraph pole as our current line runs under the drive and wouldnt want to dig it up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Sign up for a Yac fax to email number http://www.yac.com/ , all your faxes come in by email as PDF attachments then. I did it for me oul fella after my mother nearly threw his fax out the window when it kept answering her calls . Storing faxes costs feck all as well as compared to the cost of fax rolls.

Then plug in the Fax machine ONLY when about to send a fax or else use fax s/w on your PC and sell the fax machine.

M

Advertisement