Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support of new forums

Options
  • 24-12-2003 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

Every time i see a request for a new board popping up, i always see 1 or 2 suspect posters who have regged very recently and have only one or two posts. I think a user should only become entitiled to vote for the creation of a neew forum after being registered for a certain amount of time (say for a month) or have a certain amount of posts (say 50). (i am not saying new posters opinions mean less than everyone elses, i just think a measure is recquired to stop people from regging new nicks just to support a board).
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Some users sign up to boards soon before or after the creation of a new forum and become valuable contributors to those forums, because it discusses something they happen to be interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Aye good point, i still think having people reg new nicks just to support a forum is a problem mind, perhaps users that vote having recently registered should be mupchked at least. meh! *lets the issue drop and eats hat*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Lol...

ecksor's right... Perhaps some forum set ups are dodgy but when I was requesting the Archery Forum I mentioned it to the archers in my club and they set up accounts and voted for it...

I can see where you're coming from though Truckle.

Advertisement